Pringle 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

I need a part for a Pringle 3000 3? 480v CB, top feed .....or the "charger bar spring ...just the part, or the entire assemble...contacts are fine".

Pringle3000.jpg

Pringle Technical Data.pdf

Not much other info available at this time.

If anyone has a source for parts...

brian john

For anyone interested, I stock SOME Pringle switches and have about all the parts necessary to rebuild switches.

At one time we could get parts over night since the buyout it can take months, which is why I started stocking parts.

norcal

For anyone interested, I stock SOME Pringle switches and have about all the parts necessary to rebuild switches.

At one time we could get parts over night since the buyout it can take months, which is why I started stocking parts.

They expect you to wait months while a critical item is down???

celtic

They expect you to wait months while a critical item is down???

Not knowing what the time frame would be...I thought it more efficient to post and see what happens from the peanut gallery ~ some guys may have inventory gathering dust, might be a good opportunity for both of us to make some money.

In my case, engineering is not available until Monday, so I will have to wait and see what they have to say then [ acceptable time down, price, etc]...then I can contact Brian and see if it all meshes :cool:.

For now, parts were cannibalized from a non-critical area to get the critical area up and running.

GBBOLT

Pringle

Pringle

How long has Pringle been around? I have been the the trade for 14 years and I am not familiar with their products. Do they supply mostly industrial, which would answer as to why I have not heard of them.:?

celtic

How long has Pringle been around? I have been the the trade for 14 years and I am not familiar with their products. Do they supply mostly industrial, which would answer as to why I have not heard of them.:?

They have been around for quite awhile...since 1891 [ Pringle bolted-pressure contact switches ]

Most often, you'll see them on large pieces of gear...

GE_Pringle.jpg

.....behind the door is where all the action is...

PRINGLE.jpg

celtic

Thanks for the offer Brian....Engineering decided to order parts and "wait a week"....we'll see what happens.

celtic

My guy help you out?

Engineering took it upon themselves to do it all.....first they spiraled and generally sent up a flare asking for any/everyone's help....after many people offered assistance, they decided they could do it themselves ...and waste everyone's time.:rant:

jumper

Engineering took it upon themselves to do it all.....first they spiraled and generally sent up a flare asking for any/everyone's help....after many people offered assistance, they decided they could do it themselves ...and waste everyone's time.:rant:

I hate that crap. Zog knows his stuff, he helped me out on a 480V 400A GE breaker for a chiller once and the boss was so happy, I got a Fluke 1507 as a reward.

celtic

I hate that crap. Zog knows his stuff....

I couldn't agree with you more.
I feel bad wasting people's time.....engineering doesn't I'll wager.

Hopefully, they bought a new switch for 8k plus...maybe someone else can make some money on all the time engineering wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.