Pulling wire too hard or through too many bends

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulengr

I think you'll find that a lot of people who you see using their cell phone on a regular basis during the day are getting at least as much done as the guys who are pretending to work. There's a lot of people who have learned to pretend to work and don't accomplish much.

I’ll go one step further. The union president for a steel workers local in McInryre, GA, was an electrician. Same McIntyre of Honey Boo Boo fame. When the electrician at one of the mills went on vacation, this guy filled in for the week. I’m telling you back when it was pagers and flip phones this guy had a cell phone glued to one year the whole week on union business. And he got more done in one day than the regular guy did in a week! He’d be working the whole time with the phone pinched under his chin on union business and both hands doing his regular job. I mean this was before smart phones, headphone jacks, Bluetooth, voice dialing, or any of that. Almost entertaining to watch him basically doing two jobs at once.

Compare that to how many times I see kids in the grocery store proving that walking while talking is dangerous!

flashlight

Occupation
Electrician, semi-retired
Ow! Someone is going to be awhile living that down. I’ve seen people assume that if it’s LV, bend rules don’t apply. Flawed thinking. 🧐
Agree. LV cable seems to be more delicate and have more friction that current carrying. Maybe because it doesn't have that thin
slick outer skin that THWN etc has.

Status
Not open for further replies.