PVC on the side of a sidewalk

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Hmmnn, heading reads PVC, a typo I assume? Cut 2 foot pieces of thin strut and drive into the ground on the wall side. Strap your RMC to them

Hmmnn, heading reads PVC, a typo I assume? Cut 2 foot pieces of thin strut and drive into the ground on the wall side. Strap your RMC to them
I'm just hijacking the thread lol, I was searching for info on RMC being permitted to lay on dirt/grass without being buried and I came upon this inspector gentleman asking this. And now that I'm thinking more and more of it it should be permitted especially as seeing it's permitted for use in "severe physical damage" locations. I would just need to secure it, and I guess your idea would work, this is just on a walkway where I suspect people to walk barefoot and I'd hate for someone to stub their toe.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
I'm just hijacking the thread lol, I was searching for info on RMC being permitted to lay on dirt/grass without being buried and I came upon this inspector gentleman asking this. And now that I'm thinking more and more of it it should be permitted especially as seeing it's permitted for use in "severe physical damage" locations. I would just need to secure it, and I guess your idea would work, this is just on a walkway where I suspect people to walk barefoot and I'd hate for someone to stub their toe.
No it shouldn’t be permitted. It will surely settle and get dirt over it. It will then be buried less than 6 inches a violation. As jmellc said secure it.

Sberry

Occupation
farmer electrician
Seems like it might be an improvement on a lot of wiring in South Fla, I would have dug a trench, less work.