Question on job pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolyan2k

Hi. I am an electrician and usually pretty good with pricing a job but is there like a general $$$ per sq.ft for like homes and offices for MA area ? labor or basic materials + labor....

Like say for a basic 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house with some recessed lights here and there 2500-3000 sq.ft ?

And I am about to do 3500-4000 sq.ft office with about 40 florescent light fixtures, no data, just outlets, switches, lights, some in-floor outlets, maybe 6-8 cubicles, kitchen, bathroom, 7-8 office rooms etc....will be doing a service for the job too. 480 3-phase, transformer, meter, and 1 200amp panel (but i already priced it separately) Any idea on what you would charge per sq.ft ?

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
thnks. we are usually around 15-20k with materials included

Wow! Are you using NM-B as a wiring method? If you are, I can't imagine the material total being more than 3500.00. I would also think the man hours on a job as you describe to be around 120 at the most. You are making big money.

kolyan2k

Wow! Are you using NM-B as a wiring method? If you are, I can't imagine the material total being more than 3500.00. I would also think the man hours on a job as you describe to be around 120 at the most. You are making big money.

We were using MC. Not sure what material came out to be yet but per estimate they are about $3000 without lights or any service part or any special outlets etc. Labor with service came out to be $26k total. Installed BusPlug, 75kva transformer, and 400amp panel with 30 feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.