romex touching dryer vent pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
Hey werent you the one who posted that overdriven staples were the cause of fires?? Oh I get it stirr the pot and run away laughing. Smokey!@#$$%%^^&&**(()_+

Yes that is my statement, and like you I was cheap child labor for my father at age 13 :D:D:D and I thank god for having a dad that got me into this trade I love it and the people I get to meet.

Last edited:

wasasparky

Didn't pass a final inspection. ... The inspector said the romex could not tough the dryer vent pipe. Is this a code violation?

Seems some went straight to defedning the inspector.

We will almost never know the whole story so based on what is given, the inspector was in error.

If there was damage to the romex, I'm sure that would have been part of his/her explanation, and we would not be debating this...

quogueelectric

Seems some went straight to defedning the inspector.

We will almost never know the whole story so based on what is given, the inspector was in error.

If there was damage to the romex, I'm sure that would have been part of his/her explanation, and we would not be debating this...

It is all point of view here. If you have been on service calls where the nm shorted out across the tin as I have been then you will believe it. If you have not then you wont. End of story. Short story kindergarden level compliments of the cow. Edit to say the inspectors see a lot more than the installers finished product.

Last edited:

M. D.

We were going to put blocking in the bay, but just wrapped the ductwork on (sic) plastic foam. Now everybody's happy and I don't have to worry about the cable touching metal duct.

Well,... lets see here,... a fire caused by imagined damaged to romex VS one started by the reality a plastic foam encased dryer vent ?? I hope that plastic is fire rated

The dryer instructions that I have read don't even allow the use of duct tape ...

electricmanscott

Well,... lets see here,... a fire caused by imagined damaged to romex VS one started by the reality a plastic foam encased dryer vent ?? I hope that plastic is fire rated

The dryer instructions that I have read don't even allow the use of duct tape ...

Bingo!

The inspector was a dope making a big deal out of nothing.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, I'm glad you boys worked out your differences. I think I'll take this opportunity to end this on a high note, before someone takes another poke at the coals.

Status
Not open for further replies.