Romex WP Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Is there a similar cable to Romex that's can be run exposed to the elements. I know there is SER, UF cable but I'm looking for something cheap cost wise. Thanks

mstrlucky74

It isn't. It's nm sold in canada

I can't imagine you could actually want something cheaper than uf for the exterior. That is as cheap as you can get

Ok thanks. FYI- need to feed an aircraft warning light that is to be mounted on top of crane mast and power picked up in the crane cab.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Ok thanks. FYI- need to feed an aircraft warning light that is to be mounted on top of crane mast and power picked up in the crane cab.

I would ask the FAA.
No way would I assume something like that.
How tall is the crane. Most cell towers have to be 100 ft (I think) or taller to require a beacon.

jumper

I would ask the FAA.
How tall is the crane. Most cell towers have to be 100 ft (I think) or taller to require a beacon.

Yeah, call definitely.

Warning beacons are are not only determined by height, but also proximity to airfields/landing sites and type of site: private, commercial. or military/government. Lots of different rules.

Officials are real intolerant of mistakes or errors.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Yeah, call definitely.

Warning beacons are are not only determined by height, but also proximity to airfields/landing sites and type of site: private, commercial. or military/government. Lots of different rules.

Officials are real intolerant of mistakes or errors.

+1

iwire

Staff member
I would ask the FAA.

I have to do this once, all I had to do was provide a 120 volt circuit at the base of the crane, the crane had wiring to the top already in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.