Running Mc in concrete decked drop ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnJ0906

you can usually have a hilti rep come to the site and give a short training session for powder actuated tools, they give a little test, and the guys get a little card that says they are licensed to use them. basically it gives the employer a better position if someone gets hurt. for example, most eye injuries are because guys don't wear safety glasses. nails in people's heads are because they shot to a round post or used a powder tool on hollow wall and shoot nail through wall into someone's head, etc. (all this stuff is probably in the operator's manual, but who reads that ?)

a few years back this was slightly more important because the powder tools were high velocity and more people got hurt. now they are low speed, but they can still kill people.

We just did this at the company I work for, as a matter of fact.

I also have the card for my Ramset. For some of the manufacturers, this can be done on-line.

c2500

I have a buddy that works for a GC firm. On a job in Asheville, NC they are doing, the plumber missed a few holes, and decided to core drill. I can't remember, but it was either $8000 to replace the cable or $25,000. Needless to say, I would not want that one on my insurance.

c2500

Status
Not open for further replies.