Scrap wire stripping machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I picked up this manual stripper from an ad in EC magazine several years ago. ($200/300??) It sat around forever until I realized how much scrap copper was worth and got motivated to do a massive warehouse clean up.

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

This is the one I purchased, seems to work good.

I also have the big BUCKS Stripper .Do not buy it .It's very fussy and wears out quick ,The blades are expensive also.

Isn't that new wire on that roll? It looks like more wire than I would be scrapping.

220/221

Isn't that new wire on that roll? It looks like more wire than I would be scrapping.

We did a big warehouse clean up last summer and I had probably 15 "new" wire spools with maybe 50-75 feet on them. I had been saving them for years, trying to use them up, but it was time to get rid of them and put some cash in my pocket.

I couldn't bear to strip the 500 MCM. I'm still walking over/around a few hundered ounds of it.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
We did a big warehouse clean up last summer and I had probably 15 "new" wire spools with maybe 50-75 feet on them. I had been saving them for years, trying to use them up, but it was time to get rid of them and put some cash in my pocket.

I couldn't bear to strip the 500 MCM. I'm still walking over/around a few hundered ounds of it.

Yea, makes sense if you've had it that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.