Share Your Avatar Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceknight

iwire said:
There is no deep meaning to mine, I just happen to think Clint looks cool. 8)

Heard an interview with Clint once, talking about those little cigars he smoked in the spag westerns. Seems he was just too nice a guy without them. He didn't like the cigarillos, thought they were nasty. So he stuck them in his mouth and they inspired him to that wonderful scowl. :)

I just got around to uploading an avatar I've used in other forums over the years. I've liked Bill the Cat for as long as the comic strip has existed. I figure if I'm going to have an idol, it's going to be a dead cat that says "ACK!" and coughs up hairballs.

My son was given a name whose initials read A.C.K. On purpose. :)

Chris Knight
Syracuse NY

raider1

Staff member
My avatar is no great mystery for those people who know me. I was the lead guitarist for a couple of Heavy Metal bands back in the early 90's down on the sunset strip in LA. I finally gave up my dream of becoming a guitar legend and became a SPARKY/ inspector.

So that is my life story in a nutshell, pretty sad huh :cry:

Chris

PS i had also thought of using this avatar.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
ceknight said:
Please, PLEASE tell me you were kidding, or at least that you will lie and tell your son that you were kidding, if he ever hears that story. :lol: :lol:

By the way, Bloom County was one of my all-time favorite strips. I have a stuffed "Opus" looking down over my desk at home, and a coffee mug given to me as a parting gift (former company, and yes, they did like me) that is inscribed with the words, "Unwashed Heathen." That cup is a treasured memory. :D

ceknight

charlie b said:
Please, PLEASE tell me you were kidding, or at least that you will lie and tell your son that you were kidding, if he ever hears that story. :lol: :lol:

I wasn't kidding. He knows about it, my wife told him years ago and he thought it was hilarious. :D

charlie b said:
I have a stuffed "Opus" looking down over my desk at home, and a coffee mug given to me as a parting gift .... that is inscribed with the words, "Unwashed Heathen."

What are the odds? There's a stuffed Opus perched on top of my CD rack here at my desk, looking down on me as I type. Bill's hanging out on the bookshelf behind me, sitting on a few older versions of the NEC in fact.

There, the thread is now officially NEC relevant. :)

Chris Knight
Syracuse NY :D

dlhoule

There is also the fact that many days I too look dirty and mean according to those around me. :p[/quote]

Are you implying that you're not dirty and mean? :twisted: :wink:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Here's my story. The avitar is the symbol of this great country enjoying an Alaskan sunset. So glad we have a Bald Eagle instead of a wild turkey.

sandsnow

ceknight said:
iwire said:
There is no deep meaning to mine, I just happen to think Clint looks cool. 8)

Heard an interview with Clint once, talking about those little cigars he smoked in the spag westerns. Seems he was just too nice a guy without them. He didn't like the cigarillos, thought they were nasty. So he stuck them in his mouth and they inspired him to that wonderful scowl. :)

I just got around to uploading an avatar I've used in other forums over the years. I've liked Bill the Cat for as long as the comic strip has existed. I figure if I'm going to have an idol, it's going to be a dead cat that says "ACK!" and coughs up hairballs.

Chris Knight
Syracuse NY

BILL the CAT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So does the rest of the gang.

The memories, Steve Dallas, Playing Star Trek in the wheelchair, of course OPUS

sandsnow

Mine will be an ever changing avatar. There isn't any rules against that, is there??

My original avatar was the symbol for the band Blue Oyster Cult. Favorite band. Seen them more times then I can remember. Still listen at full volume.

My second is an old picture of myself doing linework. I've always liked heights and risk.

Stay tuned for next month...........

iwire

Staff member
sandsnow said:
My original avatar was the symbol for the band Blue Oyster Cult. Favorite band. Seen them more times then I can remember. Still listen at full volume.

This is always in the truck 8)

bETL.gif

Seen BOC with Foghat way back when..

raider1

Staff member
Larry,

BOC, great band, godzilla is a staple in my collection of guitar classics that I play(not as over played as don't fear the reaper, great song, just over played in the club scene.)

Also, Bloom county is the greatest comic strip of our time! :D

Chris

celtic

raider1 said:
Also, Bloom county is the greatest comic strip of our time! :D

Chris

No way....while I like Bloom, the title has to goto either "The Farside" or my personal fav...Calvin and Hobbes

farside.gif

CalvinAndHobbes_final_fullsize.gif

My avatar will likely change when the urge hits me :D

sparky_magoo

I think RYAN_618's avatar is the funniest I have seen. It cracks me up every time I see it. BTW, mine came from the 1950's sci fi classic "The Day The Earth Stood Still". Not that any one cares!

Status
Not open for further replies.