Sharing a neutral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgraw

Occupation
Electrician
Pigtails and wire nuts work OK. I ran 9,000ft of "Super Neutral" with over 400 receptacles. Ungrounded conductors were #12, grounded conductor was a #8.

e57

Pigtails and wire nuts work OK. I ran 9,000ft of "Super Neutral" with over 400 receptacles. Ungrounded conductors were #12, grounded conductor was a #8.
OK that just sounds bizzare - ONE CIRCUIT 400 Recepts???? Even though I'm sure you mean a MWBC and quite possibley 3 circuits - but i still hope it wasn't 133 each? And I see no need for #8 in proportion to 3-12's... Could you explain the reasoning for that?

Mgraw

Occupation
Electrician
I have done alot of work with this EE and he is very good. We had 46 classrooms (2 circuits, 6 receptacles each classroom) 8 computer labs (6 circuits, 18 receptacles each computer lab). He spec'ed super neutral because he was concerned about harmonics.

Mgraw

Occupation
Electrician
No. I don't know what transformers were put in. The service to the school was upgraded, new switchgear installed, and 5 new 120/208 panels installed by others. I did not do that part of the job. All my circuits came off the 5 new panels. This job was in three different bids. I did the receptacles and the new fire alarm and intercom system.

Status
Not open for further replies.