Should There be a Ban on Incandescent Lamps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbuckley

BigDon said:
What about older traffic stop lights and warning lights? Movie projector lights (quartz-tungsten-halogen) are also technically incandescent lights. Light houses also use incandescent lights.

Movie projectors of the modern era use xenon discharge lamps, as do lighthouses.

After market LED replacement lamps are available for stop lights etc.

Terrynistler

I think that they should also ban curling irons, blowdryers, hot plates, electric ranges any high consumption product that would let them meet there goals instantly. I am almost sure that out of my 300.00 dollar electric bill only 10.00 of that is for lighting so I could reduce my ligthing cost to say 4.40 a month Yippe. And spend 100.00 to relamp lets see by the time they burn out and need replacing I will have broke even. I still think my idea is better start with the curling irons and straightners.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
mtnelectrical said:
Well now we could even install this energy savers light bulb in recessed lights, of course it will raise the price but it will be our contribution to our home "earth".
http://eartheasy.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EE.1160.461

Interesting--- last week the phillips rep was at our local suppliers and said there bulbs where not designed to be base up (recessed cans). Now they have one.

The week before that the Lutron Rep was there and said that all the CFL's that they say are dimmable are not. He said Lutrons has not been able to design a dimmer that will work satisfactorily with CFL's.

Status
Not open for further replies.