Siemens Smart Chopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

zog

OK, there is a story needed for this photo. I was at a conference in Atlanta and Siemens Energy was hosting a party (At this great sports bar called Stats in downtown ATL) for the Vikings-Packers game on MNF. My dilemma was that the private party invitation said ?Business casual?, but I had to show my colors right?

They were showcasing their new ?Smart chopper: that was the first electric motorcycle built by the guys at Orange County Choppers for their TV show ?American Choppers?, the episode will be airing on November 5th on TLC.

TOOL_5150

OK, there is a story needed for this photo. I was at a conference in Atlanta and Siemens Energy was hosting a party (At this great sports bar called Stats in downtown ATL) for the Vikings-Packers game on MNF. My dilemma was that the private party invitation said “Business casual”, but I had to show my colors right?

They were showcasing their new “Smart chopper: that was the first electric motorcycle built by the guys at Orange County Choppers for their TV show “American Choppers”, the episode will be airing on November 5th on TLC.

Thats pretty cool - I have watched that show quite a few times. I think some of the stuff is just acting, but those guys definately have talent!

~Matt

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
To be serious for a moment (hey, it could happen), do any of you know of sources for electrifying vehicles?

mivey

Thats pretty cool - I have watched that show quite a few times. I think some of the stuff is just acting, but those guys definately have talent!

~Matt
Talented yes. But from what I hear, not exactly brimming with character.

It is a neat idea. Never thought about a real electric chopper.

Let's build some more power plants!

ultramegabob

Last edited:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
There is a guy out in California known as Gadget that is doing it, I have seen him a couple times on T.V. programs converting cars for famous people, the last one I saw was a 67 camero for Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

http://leftcoastelectric.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/
Now that you mention it, I saw that episode, and it's what piqued my interest.

I wonder if they can convert front-wheel-drive vehicles? I just sent them an email.

glene77is

Mivey,

Looking at your avatar and then re-reading your post

"" It is a neat idea.
Never thought about a real electric chopper.
Let's build some more power plants! ""

makes me think you plan on a 3-phase 480V Chopper !

Some electricians have too much talent! :)

Besoeker

Don't see why it wouldn't. I think all VFD's take the incoming AC and rectify it to DC for the inverter bus anyways.
They do. But...
Most standard units wouldn't work from 120Vdc. It's not that they couldn't but they are generally set up to work from a higher DC link voltage. It would need a few tweaks to accommodate the lower voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.