Slim Canless LED Junction boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
It’s all good until an EC comes along and tells the customer sure I can drop you a 120v outlet out of that Panel np...then opens it up and says wth...lol
It wasn't about cost, it was about appropriateness, like the main-lug panel. (I did remove the neutral bus.)

Any decent electrician should know exactly what is and isn't in the panel.

Plus, the original panel is still there with plenty of room where four 40a breakers used to be.

kwired

Electron manager
lol and I thought I was cheap...You must be an old timer bc I’ve seen AC panels and utility panels installed missing a neutral conductor bc like you said they’d don’t need them granted most of these were installed in the 50’s and 60’s...
It’s all good until an EC comes along and tells the customer sure I can drop you a 120v outlet out of that Panel np...then opens it up and says wth...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A plant I have been around for many years has many subpanels with no neutrals. Though they are 480 volt panels and no 277 volt loads are fed from them. All the 120 volt to ground panels in that plant have a neutral - though I think there is still at least one older one in use that had no separate EGC run to it when it was installed, but that was probably in 1960's or 70's when it was installed. Doesn't make it right, it just is what it is.

mortimer

third party inspector
Occupation
retired
Home inspectors are usually a farse. Remember the old adage "a little learning can be a dangerous thing"? That about wraps up how I feel about home inspectors.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Home inspectors are usually a farse. Remember the old adage "a little learning can be a dangerous thing"? That about wraps up how I feel about home inspectors.
LOL yeah, but this is a very common install and they are pointing to a specific NEC violation 410.30(A) and 314.23(C). This will probably become quite common on HI reports like 'double tapped breaker'

Status
Not open for further replies.