Smurf Tube Question ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
......... really hard to pull wire through..........

The only time I had a hard time pulling wire in it, is when it's not strapped well, havn't used it in years though other than for low voltage chases in houses. I have used it for wiring Waffle Houses, and masonary shopping center signs, you can still get wire through it even if you excede the allowable bending radius. Many signs I had to bend it at almost an "L" due to the sign design.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
On vacation some 8 yrs ago in the Outer Banks of N.C. I saw blue ENT run from disconnects to AC units , looked like crap to.

Not legal for that application, has to be enclosed in a wall or ceiling, at least that was code back when I used it. For a short while I seen the HVAC guys using it for that purpose, mostly where their were no inspections:roll:

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Not legal for that application, has to be enclosed in a wall or ceiling, at least that was code back when I used it. For a short while I seen the HVAC guys using it for that purpose, mostly where their were no inspections:roll:

maybe a local practice.

The use of ENT and fittings shall be permitted in the following:
(1) In any building not exceeding three floors above grade as follows:
a. For exposed work, where not prohibited by 362.12

It does say in any building, so if the A/C units were outside maybe it is not permitted.

If you look in the Kryloy catalog you will find ENT connectors for 1/2 and 3/4 and 1". Anything larger they say to use PVC terminal adaptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.