Source for cable con 15kv CN URD

paulengr

Anyone have a source for 15kv concentric neutral primary in conduit? Should be an off the shelf common stock item. Thanks.
Call Okonite. They make it and can hook you up with a distributor. If you are on good terms with a local rural utility (EMC) often they have access to the RUS system and may be willing to sell you some. Wesco has a utility division and probably stockpiles some. The key on something like that is that you need to be talking to the utility distributors instead of the commercial/industrial ones.

Concentric wound neutrals are not nearly as popular as foil or braided shields or as much as it once was so don’t expect to find it in inventory. Every project I ever did with it involved ordering a special run and waiting in line to get it made at the cable plant. You may be looking at a special run too so 10-12 weeks delivery.

kwired

Electron manager
Supply house that regularly sells to utility companies or other MV/HV contractors? Supply house that primarily sells to LV contractors may or may not have access to this but likely doesn't keep it in stock.

There are some supply companies that specialize in mostly wire and cable - those places may stock it. Unless they are right in your vicinity you still need to have it shipped to you or go pick it up.

Call Okonite. They make it and can hook you up with a distributor. If you are on good terms with a local rural utility (EMC) often they have access to the RUS system and may be willing to sell you some. Wesco has a utility division and probably stockpiles some. The key on something like that is that you need to be talking to the utility distributors instead of the commercial/industrial ones.

Concentric wound neutrals are not nearly as popular as foil or braided shields or as much as it once was so don’t expect to find it in inventory. Every project I ever did with it involved ordering a special run and waiting in line to get it made at the cable plant. You may be looking at a special run too so 10-12 weeks delivery.
Yeah I think I saw okonite had it as a stock item. I'll try and find a distributor.

Here all POCOs seem to use CN. The Poco here lets us buy and run a customer owned primary so it's a stock item at many supply houses - just not in conduit which I want for this job.

blueheels2

Occupation
Electrical contractor
We used to buy all this stuff through Eck/Capital Electric (company I used to work for did a small amount of MV) But with the supply chain as jacked up as it is now who knows what they have.