Split wire on ground bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct, but I have found them to be a PITA. If the screw to the bus comes loose while you are tightening the screw for the conductor, you have to pull the conductor back out to get to the screw that loosened up, and they almost always do.

The ones I always come across are notched to straddle the bar so they won't turn. I usually use square d, cant speak for other brands

Ravenvalor

Just get a normal mechanical lug that accommodates the wire size and bolt it to the panel and terminate the wire there.

This may not work out too well if you are in a corrosive environment and/or outside. Here in central NC I find that just having an outside panel surrounded by shrubbery will deteriorate a panel quickly.

kwired

Electron manager
Not many people installing panels outside these days but I do see new homes occasionally. The problem is the thousands of older homes that have outside panels.
If it is severely deteriorated in say 5 years, you have a serious corrosion issue of some sort. If it takes 25-30 years before it starts to get any severity - that is more expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.