supplimental GES for disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
That's the service location. That complies with 550.32(B). I have no problem with that... :cool:

So now I'm at a loss understanding what point you were attempting to make. :?

We're discussing an instance where the service equipment is located more than 30' away from the exterior of the manufactured home. Is an adjacent disconnect within 30', not on or in, required for this manufactured home?

Service equipment was not in the OP. I started asking about it in post #5.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Great!!!

Now that we got that out of the way, does anyone feel as me that where a manufactured home meeting all the requirements for service equipment on or in it (additionally, no N-to-G bond), should be permitted to have the "local" disconnect on or in it, when the service equipment is located more than 30' from the exterior... which would, as you said earlier, treat it the same as stick built? (sorry about the run-on sentence)

You could have a meter on a pole then a 3-wire to a disconnect with-in 30', a disconnect on the home or in the factory panel (understanding outside the structure). We all understand 4-wire after the first disconnect!

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO

Smart $

Esteemed Member
You could have a meter on a pole then a 3-wire to a disconnect with-in 30', a disconnect on the home or in the factory panel (understanding outside the structure). We all understand 4-wire after the first disconnect!
You could... but that's not what I asked :?

Service equipment more than 30' away would require a disconnect at not more than 30' and not on or in the the manufactured home (but we all know there will also be a main disconnect on or in the home, too... just the way they are built)

Compare stick built with service equipment more than 30' away.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
OP (Post #1): "Hi, I have a manufactured home that the service is more than 30' away. ..."

Correct! He never said anything about 'equipment'.

I was trying to find out what he meant.

Service means different things to different people (yes I know there is a definition).

I used to have to explain this to common folk (Non-Mike Holt Forum Junkies) all over the state. As you know in Ohio homeowners can do their own work.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
You could... but that's not what I asked :?

Service equipment more than 30' away would require a disconnect at not more than 30' and not on or in the the manufactured home (but we all know there will also be a main disconnect on or in the home, too... just the way they are built)

Compare stick built with service equipment more than 30' away.

Agreed an additional disconnect within 30'. Can it be 'in'? No. Can it be 'on'? Yes.

"located within sight from and not more than 9.0 m (30 ft)
from the exterior wall of the mobile home it serves"

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Agreed an additional disconnect within 30'. Can it be 'in'? No. Can it be 'on'? Yes.
I do not agree with ON.

The following is specified for the service equipment...

"The mobile home service equipment shall be located adjacent to the mobile home and not mounted in or on the mobile home. ..."

It is inferred for a "local" disconnect because it serves in lieu of the service equipment when service equipment is located elsewhere on the premises (>30' away).

"located within sight from and not more than 9.0 m (30 ft)
from the exterior wall of the mobile home it serves"
It says this for both service equipment and local disconnect... that is why I say not ON is inferred.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Correct! He never said anything about 'equipment'.

I was trying to find out what he meant.

Service means different things to different people (yes I know there is a definition).

I used to have to explain this to common folk (Non-Mike Holt Forum Junkies) all over the state. As you know in Ohio homeowners can do their own work.
Okay... and I assumed he does know the definition because he specifically said it was more than 30' away :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.