Terminal Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

al

Section/Paragraph 230.82

Add:
230.82(9) Terminal boxes

Substatiation:
It is common practice to install terminal boxes on the supply side of service equipment. This change will make Article 230 consistent with the definition of Service Lateral in Article 100.

FYI: Because of the late date this has been sent in.

charlie

Al, what is a terminal box? Where does the code define or use the term? I am making the assumption that it is a junction box, is that correct? Is this really correcting a problem? :)

al

Terminal Boxes

charlie said:
Al, what is a terminal box? Where does the code define or use the term? I am making the assumption that it is a junction box, is that correct? Is this really correcting a problem? :)

They are listed in the UL white book under(xckt)

Midwest is one of the mfgs:http://www.midwestelectric.com/

They are very common around here.

Al

Last edited:

charlie

Interesting. I have never seen a termination box used anywhere. Does the code define or use the term? Should you also submit a definition of the term since (I believe) UL is the only entity that uses the term? :)

al

charlie said:
Interesting. I have never seen a termination box used anywhere. Does the code define or use the term? Should you also submit a definition of the term since (I believe) UL is the only entity that uses the term? :)

Charlie, look at the definition of Service Lateral.

Al

charlie

OK
icon11.gif

still oughta have ah definition tho . . .

resistance

My take is that Charlie is correct-- It's a Junction box! It's just a spruced-up name, because the box has pre-installed internal terminals for splicing conductors!

Status
Not open for further replies.