The need for a lighting contactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKElectrician

All the contactors I put in were either over 30 Amps, or controlled by a photocell.

So to clarify my first post. Most switches are not rated over 30 amps, not all of course. Most photocells are not rated for over 20 amps most are less, and I like all the lights to pop on at the same time, without having to manually turn them on. The other 2 options shown are rated less than 20 amps for lighting loads. These are the needs for L.C.'s I have experienced. As was the OP's Title.

More than one way to skin a cat, like always.

Last edited:

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Put a time clock in serise with your photo cell and the lights will come on at dusk and turn off at whatever time you set the clock.

No, it makes way more sense to walk out at 10pm and set a flashlight over the photocell.

The timer I mentioned can offset the dawn/dusk, in addition to setting by the hour, lying about your latitude, etc. Would it work seamlessly on the north pole? Damn, got me there.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
No, it makes way more sense to walk out at 10pm and set a flashlight over the photocell.

The timer I mentioned can offset the dawn/dusk, in addition to setting by the hour, lying about your latitude, etc. Would it work seamlessly on the north pole? Damn, got me there.
That means reading an instruction manual though.

Status
Not open for further replies.