Thermal Expansion or Vandalism

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
The hole you're looking at would have been to the bottom left. A shot would have had to been almost parallel to the wall. A 22 short may have been stopped by the screw and plastic but doubt a LR.
Maybe sharp shooting code enforcement checked my box bonding, after complaints of monkey climbing ladder from on top of van.

Complaints can happen from onsite management, maintenance, or rivals that paint sub-panels in-place & fix outlet failures inside the units.

Flicker Index

Occupation
Lights
"LocationLA basin, CA"
How dense is the area? When you go outside, how common are missing handhole covers on public street lights around the facility?

Flicker Index

Occupation
Lights
If this isn't a personal residential garage and public has some access and you do see vandalism on light poles out in the community, do take pictures. Use those pictures to support potential vandalism. Power stealing vandalism is uh... a thing these days in the west coast major cities.

ramsy

Occupation
"LocationLA basin, CA"
How dense is the area? When you go outside, how common are missing handhole covers on public street lights around the facility?
Perhaps not paying attention, but the more obvious missing handholes are seen in private parking lots from shoddy electricians.

ramsy

Occupation
If this isn't a personal residential garage and public has some access and you do see vandalism on light poles out in the community, do take pictures. Use those pictures to support potential vandalism. Power stealing vandalism is uh... a thing these days in the west coast major cities.
No doubt, if public poles are close to private buildings, but don't notice much without doing public-works or maintenance.

ramsy

Occupation
Is the customer complaining about paying for it?
Complaint came later about my rates, since client hadn't called me in 5 yrs.

Zelle was received after email transcript below:

Subject: Re: Electrician Invoice 11-25-23
On Wed, 2023-11-29, I wrote:

Last time you approved my After-Hours Rate 3/27/18, my trip was 10mi from ZipX in 2018.

As my invoice address shows, trip is now 18mi from ZipY.

Post pandemic base rate =$X.hr +$10 for 10-20mi +$10 After Hrs =$Y.hr

Post pandemic material prices also changed from X to Y.

--
Many Thanks,
Signature removed

On Wed, 2023-11-29, Client wrote:

> It's more about transparency upfront and no after-the-fact charging.
>
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2023, I wrote:
> >
> > If extra $20 hurts that bad you can remove it.
> >
> > > On Nov 27, 2023, Client wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Roger, did not know you are charging me an overtime rate. It
> > > could have waited till today.
> > >
> > > On Mon, Nov 27, 2023, I wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Please acknowledge attached invoice:
> > > >
> > > > Client-2.pdf

Flicker Index

Occupation
Lights
Perhaps not paying attention, but the more obvious missing handholes are seen in private parking lots from shoddy electricians.
Don't be quick to come to this conclusion unless you're in super low crime, upscale neighborhoods.

https://www.kcra.com/article/sacramento-stealing-power-streetlights-fire-danger/45742781 It's such an ongoing issue in much of west coast cities. Commifornia, Seattle, Portland... Eugene. It might help to fill the screw heads flush with floor dent filler crayons after you finish your work if you have a doubt of suspicion. When you return and find poles with missing filler, you know someone's been messing with it.

In CA and OR, a lot of street failures are attributed to mischief/trespass.