Two transformers facing each other clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartoon1

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'm trying to add a 45kva 480-120/208 transformer in a small electrical room. The existing transformer is rated 75 kva 480-120/208. This new transformer i'm adding will be facing the 75 kva transformer on the other side of the wall. Would the transformers facing each other be considered as condition 3 151-600 voltage in table 110.26(A)(1) ? I have 3' feet clearance between the transformers but i dont have 4' feet. Also the side against the wall (masonry wall) what should the clearance be wall to dry type transformer , is 6" enough?

Thank you

Cartoon1

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Many will say transformers normally won't require to comply with 110.26 at all.
Hmmm, so it will come down to the inspector opinion and i dont want to give him that option. Will stacking the transformer above the 75 KVA be a better option? how much space should i leave between them?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I would just stack them. A recent thread:

kwired

Electron manager
Hmmm, so it will come down to the inspector opinion and i dont want to give him that option. Will stacking the transformer above the 75 KVA be a better option? how much space should i leave between them?
If it will come down to inspector opinion then maybe ask before you do anything. He may balk at stacking also but IMO either option is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.