UL508A drawings and PE Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone, I am newly registered but have been referencing this site for a while now.

Do the drawings for a control panel built in a UL508A shop need to be created and signed by a PE (or under his/her direct supervision)?

I have seen signed and unsigned drawings (mostly unsigned) in my state of MN, but would like to have an actual code or statute addressing the question.

Thanks in advance for your response.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Hello Everyone, I am newly registered but have been referencing this site for a while now.

Do the drawings for a control panel built in a UL508A shop need to be created and signed by a PE (or under his/her direct supervision)?

I have seen signed and unsigned drawings (mostly unsigned) in my state of MN, but would like to have an actual code or statute addressing the question.

Thanks in advance for your response.

UL does not require this.

Perhaps I worded it wrong.

On a project that all of the electrical design drawings are being signed and stamped, do the control panel internal wiring and construction drawings need to be stamped if the panel has a UL508a sticker from a proper panel shop?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Perhaps I worded it wrong.

On a project that all of the electrical design drawings are being signed and stamped, do the control panel internal wiring and construction drawings need to be stamped if the panel has a UL508a sticker from a proper panel shop?

It would be unusual but if a spec required it there is no reason it could not be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.