Uploading excel sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

m sleem

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Females
Occupation
Health
I designed an excel sheet, this sheet calculates the size of cable trays where using the IEC cables. The calculations are based on 392.22(a) & (c). My question to forum Moderators, shall i upload this excel sheet? if, yes. Please let me know by your valuable feedback.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I designed an excel sheet, this sheet calculates the size of cable trays where using the IEC cables. The calculations are based on 392.22(a) & (c). My question to forum Moderators, shall i upload this excel sheet? if, yes. Please let me know by your valuable feedback.

being as this is a NEC forum what good would it do us to have spreadsheets that do calculations on using cables we can't use?

m sleem

Occupation
Health
being as this is a NEC forum what good would it do us to have spreadsheets that do calculations on using cables we can't use?
Not realy, there is one part of the world following the NEC rules in design while installing and supplying the products of IEC....:lol: Fact.

m sleem

Occupation
Health
Are you asking if it is okay to upload this spreadsheet? I have no objection as long as you are okay with it.
Yes, i'm asking because it's not normal practise in our forum.:)

Last edited:

m sleem

Occupation
Health
how do they make that work being as IEC and NEC rules are almost completely incompatible?
This is common now, you can find the US manufacturers manufacturing the IEC equipments & the IEC manufacturers manufacturing the UL & ANSI equipments, this is part of the Globalization.

m sleem

Occupation
Health
Sorry for delay, i was trying to solve this problem. Before open, please rename to xlsx.

Last edited by a moderator:

m sleem

Occupation
Health
First of all, is it appeared in "excel format or word ?!!!, If it word file, then you have to change the extension to be xlsx. It works nice with me.

cadpoint

I have open office and I can't open it. There are approximately 13 file extensions, within OF for saving Excel files which has .xls and .xlt as the main extensions.

david luchini

Staff member
Occupation
Engineer
Here is a saved down version. I have no idea if the functionality remained through the translation. (Again, remove the .doc extension.)

m sleem

Occupation
Health
I have open office and I can't open it. There are approximately 13 file extensions, within OF for saving Excel files which has .xls and .xlt as the main extensions.
Try this:
Again you do need only to replace "DOC" by "xlsx".

m sleem

Occupation
Health
To see the file extension, do these steps:
1- Go to control panel.
2- Open folder options.
3- Open view tab.
4- Remove the selection of "Hide extensions..."

Now, you can see the extension, replace "DOC" by "xlsx".

m sleem

Occupation
Health
Here is a saved down version. I have no idea if the functionality remained through the translation. (Again, remove the .doc extension.)
It's not working with me, better to use the one from my posts, i downloaded after uploading just to check, it is working without any issue.

ronaldrc

It's not working with me, better to use the one from my posts, i downloaded after uploading just to check, it is working without any issue.

I also am using Open Office, I tried changing the extension to .ods, .xls, and .xLsx none worked.

So I thought I would change the whole name to something simple so I change the whole name to
a and added .xLsx for the name extension as shown by Sleem and it worked fine.

I did use a free program Named Rename to do this.

Ronald:)

Status
Not open for further replies.