Using SO cord with plug caps to daisy-chain 8' strip lights used for display lightin

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjs

What's the code for using SO cord with plug caps to daisy-chain 8' strip lights used for display lighting?

Thanks

cjs

Maybe 410.59 Cord-Connected Showcases applies?

Doesn't seem to be a perfect fit... The customer wants me to replace the MC the is currently used to daisy-chain the lights together with "Reloc" but not in the manner you would normally see, troffer to troffer...
What is installed are 8' strip lights used for display lighting that are moved from time to time...
The current installation has them fastened to storage shelving hard wired with MC...

When I look for how it's been done in other Aisles I see some with the "Reloc" extender cut in two and the cut ends made up in the light... or SO cord and cord plugs and receptacles...

The SO cord makes for a neater job but it could be argued that it doesn't provide enough protection to the conductors for the application....
Cutting the "Reloc" breaks the "U.L." listing...

Even if I could find an easy way to strap the excess "Reloc" cable and use the proper "Reloc" connectors, I think there would be possible hazards to the customer...

Shoot, even installing them with regular MC in the location they are in seems questionable to me...

So what would you do? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.