Wagos vs Wire nuts

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
I will use those back stab connectors that the manufacturer supplies with their light fixtures but I can't get myself to use them for pig tails in receptacle and switch boxes etc.

I don't have issues with splicing solid and stranded wires together.:D

kwired

Electron manager
I will use those back stab connectors that the manufacturer supplies with their light fixtures but I can't get myself to use them for pig tails in receptacle and switch boxes etc.
Your reason?

If you have a long series of lights in one circuit, the first light in the series is carrying the current of all of them in the connection, just like the connection in the switch box is.

Both. I keep both style with me for work. Most usually I use tan and orange wire nuts for all the residential....until I run across a box thats been renovated a handful of times and has only a fart of wire left inside to work with. Pushing a wago nut on to the conductors makes fixing those much easier.

Little Bill

Staff member

I don't have issues with splicing solid and stranded wires together.:D
Back stab refers to a connection hole in the back of a device such as a receptacle or switch. We are talking about a wire connector, which is not a back stab.;)

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
Listen, I try not to write novels on these posts.
When I first saw them in light fixtures I would cut them off and throw them away.
If I were to install a string (long series)of light fixtures in a commercial or residence that I thought would be a burden on that more inferior connection I would cut them off and wire it them. If is just 6-10 I'll take my chances.
I figure the fault will be easier to find on the load side of the switch.

Well I guess you'll have to define the front back left and right sides for me.:) When I make the connections I face the the "tip, front" what ever you want to call it away from me there for I calls it a "back-stab":p
These are my opinions. Thanks for listening:)

mbrooke

Listen, I try not to write novels on these posts.
When I first saw them in light fixtures I would cut them off and throw them away.
If I were to install a string (long series)of light fixtures in a commercial or residence that I thought would be a burden on that more inferior connection I would cut them off and wire it them. If is just 6-10 I'll take my chances.
I figure the fault will be easier to find on the load side of the switch.

Well I guess you'll have to define the front back left and right sides for me.:) When I make the connections I face the the "tip, front" what ever you want to call it away from me there for I calls it a "back-stab":p
These are my opinions. Thanks for listening:)
IMO, not a backstab at least a "secure" backstab is we can call it that. And trust me, I'd give a whole lot to this world to see backstabbed outlets and mobile home bite dings outlawed.