Wednesday's pics anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Nothing earth shattering, just today's observations.

This first one is a J-box from a critical panel I would have loved to pull 3 new circuits into. This is a nursing home I'm quite familiar with that was recently retrofitted with fire sprinklers. No respect for other trades or just plain lazy?

Weddingweekend001.jpg

This is a job I stopped to bid on the way home. Call was to wire new chiller motor. I'm bidding it with a new starter, but I will bet dollars to doughnuts I will be bidding against some clown that will run new conduit and use the existing starter with the built in drain hole.:roll:

Weddingweekend003.jpg

Weddingweekend004.jpg

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
This is a job I stopped to bid on the way home. Call was to wire new chiller motor. I'm bidding it with a new starter, but I will bet dollars to doughnuts I will be bidding against some clown that will run new conduit and use the existing starter with the built in drain hole.:roll:

A new starter or new pump panel?

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
this looks like a pretty small job why do they want bids when they can just have you do it? how much are they looking to save here?

The chiller is down at a 3 story lawyers office in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. Long time customer, when I got there and saw this, I figured I would say $2300 and fixed tomorrow if I could get my hands on the controller and the mechanical contractor can acquire and install the motor tomorrow. My contact tells me they need 3 bids??? Sign of the times I guess.

nothing earth shattering:confused:?? I think this ones amazing:cool:.....your just being modest about these prize winning pics:grin:

Please send my prize to:

The Amazing Chris Kennedy
Miami, Fl.

:D

electricalperson

The chiller is down at a 3 story lawyers office in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. Long time customer, when I got there and saw this, I figured I would say $2300 and fixed tomorrow if I could get my hands on the controller and the mechanical contractor can acquire and install the motor tomorrow. My contact tells me they need 3 bids??? Sign of the times I guess.

Please send my prize to:

The Amazing Chris Kennedy
Miami, Fl.

:D
a place we work at requires 3 bids for us to do big jobs

mark32

Don't laugh, but when someone refers to a motor starter are they speaking about a contactor and overload? Also, is that piece of equipment in the upper part of the panel just a disconnect? Also, how do you know when you need to use a soft start starter?

ericsherman37

Don't laugh, but when someone refers to a motor starter are they speaking about a contactor and overload? Also, is that piece of equipment in the upper part of the panel just a disconnect? Also, how do you know when you need to use a soft start starter?

Yeah, motor starter = contactor and overload relay assembly in one unit

masterinbama

Looks like roofing material to me too. We had an old school mechanical engineer here that actually specified roll roofing for dissimilar metal protection. We blew his mind when we showed him the unistrut straps with the rubber inserts

Status
Not open for further replies.