What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
dracula.jpg

You know, now I'm much more relieved about the whole neck biting incident... :lol:

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Did you know that if your browser unexpectedly quits upon loading the first screen, then you logged on long enough to clear the days posts?

I just found that out. :)

sfav8r

Lookin Good

Lookin Good

Certain areas have type that is a bit hard on my old eyes, but the general forum looks great. I like the enhancements like being easier to make somethink bold for example. I must confess though. I worry about a lot of people using VERY LARGE fonts in their posts. I've seen it on other forums...it's not pretty.

I'll poke around and see what else is better now.

Oh, I havent had a chance to look, but is there a way to search by USERNAME now instead of Member ID#. It used to be a pain to look up the number (even mine) when trying to do a search.

Thanks fo r the nice improvements.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: Feature Update

Re: Feature Update

al hildenbrand said:
Charlie, if you are in a WIntel machine, use File Explorer to locate the picture, then right click to open a menue of choices.
That worked, Al. Thanks.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
:)
You're welcome, Charlie.

Looking above, to Ryan, I have to ask "What strings were pulled to get that avatar to install?"

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Webmaster Joe,

Thankyou for the work you are doing.

A large number of the links have been re-established. 8)

Is it possible to re-assign the URL links under a verbal description? Especially the ones that are in one post, referencing another post or thread with an "old forum" address?

Case in point is here. Note the links in the three bullet points (AFCI Confusion, Location of Arch Faults, and Bedroom, Panel, Arc-Fault).

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I just want to know if you are the penguin getting pushed into the water, or if you are the one doing the pushing. :lol:

al hildenbrand said:
Webmaster Joe,

Thankyou for the work you are doing.

A large number of the links have been re-established. 8)

Is it possible to re-assign the URL links under a verbal description? Especially the ones that are in one post, referencing another post or thread with an "old forum" address?

Case in point is here. Note the links in the three bullet points (AFCI Confusion, Location of Arch Faults, and Bedroom, Panel, Arc-Fault).

That's a tough one because the post numbers are all different due to the conversion. I may have to allow read only linking to old forum posts but let me take a closer look at this situation. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Webmaster Joe,

Good fortune in effecting a solution.

As it stands now, from my side of the screen, when I click on one of the links that include the "old forum" addresses, I get automatically re-directed to the new forum home, and I have no way of really knowing the subject of the poster's reference in providing that link.

For my own edification, I used the new forum search tool, but it is cumbersome, at best, even when I'm looking for my own links where I can remember the thread I was linking to. . .but, the search tool is impossible to use fruitfully if the link is someone else's, or I've forgotten my own reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.