What is your fixed rate price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

retirede

I tried to talk them into hard wiring but they want the charger to be "mobile." I also am a little confused why it asked for a 14-50 receptacle but that is what they want(I think I said 6-50 in the OP but that was wrong)

Most plug-in EVSEs come with a 14-50P. Some can also be ordered with a 6-50. The 14-50 allows portable charging at campgrounds / RV parks.

Amps

Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Electrical, Security, Networks and Everything Else.
6/3 makes sense with the 14-50. I have installed Chargepoint chargers, and I found out there are two models, the Home and the Home Flex. The Home calls for NEMA 6-20 or 6-50, the Home Flex NEMA 14-50 or 6-50. I think it's best to verify which plug type is on the customer's charger.

Amps

Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Most plug-in EVSEs come with a 14-50P. Some can also be ordered with a 6-50. The 14-50 allows portable charging at campgrounds / RV parks.
So this may be why they want the charger to be mobile using the 14-50. Makes sense.

2Broke2Sleep

Flat rate sheet that I use at least for the hours. Material is useless at the moment. Basically most expensive column is some company that is like Michael and Sons. I’m guessing 3-400$ an hour but never ran the numbers. Far right column is second most expensive. It’s based on 150 an hour and I think a 20% markup on material. That’s obviously wrong. I use a 55% markup. 100$ in material divided by .55% is what I charge. The other column is markup of 10% and 150/hr. I don’t use that often. Some of the hourspricee are not accurate. Only thing I can figure is there wasn’t enough historical data when this was made. In interest of disclosure I found this on Reddit a little over a year ago.
I made my own flat rate sheet on excel and to be honest, it came out way too complicated to be practical (in the field anyway). Did you make this yourself or do you have rhino or something similar?

2Broke2Sleep

I saw this on a local facebook post. Name deleted. No license, no codes, no insurance, no truck, no risk to life and limb, etc. People pay this, meet the photographer at an outdoor location (no studio costs). Makes me think my labor charge should be $300/hr or more. Heck I'll take a photo of my work and print it for them too!
"$100 photo sessions the month of October and November by NNNNN NNNNN Photography!
Sessions are about 15-20 minutes long and will include 15 photos from the session!"
I recently inquired about getting a photo shoot done and the girl quoted me $1500 for an hour. I told her too rich for my blood but I'm sure you're good at what you do. Lol

2Broke2Sleep

I made my own flat rate sheet on excel and to be honest, it came out way too complicated to be practical (in the field anyway). Did you make this yourself or do you have rhino or something similar?
Edit: Just read the rest of your post, found on Reddit. For reference the 1st item is usually what you charge when you have only that item or a series of items, to capture the overhead (drive time, bringing tools on site, talking with customer). Then everything else you do is the 2nd item rate. Working backwards you can figure out the hourly rate in their sheet is about $150/hour which doesn't work for me at the moment.

Amps

Electrical Contractor
Occupation
I also made a sort of flat rate sheet but only for materials. I got tired of writing up materials lists for each job, many the same over and over. Each column on the spreadsheet is a device or outlet, such as, box, duplex TR receptacle, GFI receptacle, S1, S3, ceiling light, wall light, etc. In the far-left column, I list all the items that are needed, such as the device, cable / wire, cover plate, staples, connectors, wire nuts, etc. So there is one lump price under each device, or item, including tax and my markup. I separate things like old work, new work, exterior, recessed lighting, and others on different pages of the spreadsheet. I do this in Google sheets, so when I'm giving a price in person or in the office, I can refer to my material prices and items using my phone or computer. Then I add labor for the whole job based on hours its going to take. I still need to price certain things and have to keep on top of wire prices. These days you blink and prices are 20% higher.

blueheels2

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Edit: Just read the rest of your post, found on Reddit. For reference the 1st item is usually what you charge when you have only that item or a series of items, to capture the overhead (drive time, bringing tools on site, talking with customer). Then everything else you do is the 2nd item rate. Working backwards you can figure out the hourly rate in their sheet is about $150/hour which doesn't work for me at the moment.
Correct that is the way it was. But honestly here recently on service I’ve been charging first task for everything with 55% markup as well. Market has been supporting it so might as well run with it while I can. Basically you don’t have to use the 150. Just take the hours for the task and insert your rate plus material and whatever markup you use.

I’ve been contemplating ProfitRhino but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Like anything I’ve heard good and bad about PR.

2Broke2Sleep

Correct that is the way it was. But honestly here recently on service I’ve been charging first task for everything with 55% markup as well. Market has been supporting it so might as well run with it while I can. Basically you don’t have to use the 150. Just take the hours for the task and insert your rate plus material and whatever markup you use.

I’ve been contemplating ProfitRhino but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Like anything I’ve heard good and bad about PR.
biggest complaint I hear from PR is way too many options. It's a tough balance between just throwing a number out there that is a little high but covers most every situation, and leaving some play room for PITA customers that take some convincing.

OK Sparky 93

Occupation
Electrician

Flat rate sheet that I use at least for the hours. Material is useless at the moment. Basically most expensive column is some company that is like Michael and Sons. I’m guessing 3-400$ an hour but never ran the numbers. Far right column is second most expensive. It’s based on 150 an hour and I think a 20% markup on material. That’s obviously wrong. I use a 55% markup. 100$ in material divided by .55% is what I charge. The other column is markup of 10% and 150/hr. I don’t use that often. Some of the hourspricee are not accurate. Only thing I can figure is there wasn’t enough historical data when this was made. In interest of disclosure I found this on Reddit a little over a year ago.
I am just a bit curious how you came about this price list

kwired

Electron manager
I recently inquired about getting a photo shoot done and the girl quoted me $1500 for an hour. I told her too rich for my blood but I'm sure you're good at what you do. Lol
I really don't feel I'm that good looking enough to be worth that much for taking photos either.

Ravenvalor

Example small job:

EV charging circuit. Exit garage panel in NM(6/3) to go 6' in wall to a junction box. Transition to EMT at ceiling and run approx 50' around garage(surface) to get to other corner. Pull #8 in the conduit. Install 6-50 receptacle and GFCI 50 amp breaker QO panel.
Why don't you use NM(8/3)?

Status
Not open for further replies.