What single tool have you lost, or had to replace the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

220/221

I don't lose too many tools.

I need to lose my dikes and strippers once in a while so I get new sharp ones.

I use a $40 Snap on ratchet screwdriver for my phillips so I never lose it.

I lost a 10 in 1 tip...once. Couldn't easily buy a replacement tip so I am always careful with them now.

I can not hang on to a roll of tape for more than a few minutes.

Sharpies/pencils, maybe a half day.

Drill bits? Don't get me started.

The ONLY way to keep drill bits is to put them back in the case as soon as you are done with them. If you can't find one at the end of the day, look harder because, once one is missing, the rest will somehow quickly follow it to freedom.

Same with socket/wrench sets.

electricalperson

I don't lose too many tools.

I need to lose my dikes and strippers once in a while so I get new sharp ones.

I use a $40 Snap on ratchet screwdriver for my phillips so I never lose it.

I lost a 10 in 1 tip...once. Couldn't easily buy a replacement tip so I am always careful with them now.

I can not hang on to a roll of tape for more than a few minutes.

Sharpies/pencils, maybe a half day.

Drill bits? Don't get me started.

The ONLY way to keep drill bits is to put them back in the case as soon as you are done with them. If you can't find one at the end of the day, look harder because, once one is missing, the rest will somehow quickly follow it to freedom.

Same with socket/wrench sets.

i hate those one time use sharpies and pencils. usually i get one or 2 holes out of a bit before i cant find it anymore

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I accidentally buried a shovel once. Otherwise, I have to replace tape measures the most. And for some reason unknown to me, I wreak havoc on hammer holders. It seems like I've snapped three in the past year, no idea how. :-?

masterinbama

I accidentally buried a shovel once. Otherwise, I have to replace tape measures the most. And for some reason unknown to me, I wreak havoc on hammer holders. It seems like I've snapped three in the past year, no idea how. :-?

I buried my Nextel once ,but that might have been a Freudian slip. We have all had one of those days haven't we? I lose more control screwdrivers than anything.

guschash

1/4'' nutdriver. I hate losing my tools, they are family. But I found over the years, that they always come back. Found my nutdriver behind the dryer. My daughter came back from Colarado, too.

hockeyoligist2

I don't lose many, I mostly wear them out. The ones I lose aren't really lost, I know where they are. When you work in the sewer business, like me, a dropped tool is a gone tool, most of the time. They are at the bottom of a pond or tank.

480sparky

I buy a new pair of strippers, 9Kliens, diagonals and a 10-in-1 every year. Not so much as I lose them, but just so I have nice, newer stuff. I also buy a new cordless drill every year.

TOOL_5150

I buy a new pair of strippers, 9Kliens, diagonals and a 10-in-1 every year. Not so much as I lose them, but just so I have nice, newer stuff. I also buy a new cordless drill every year.

I would love to "loose" more screwdrivers and strippers... But Im so dang cheap, I use them till they are barly usable, Then use em a little bit more. :grin:

~Matt

DavisIMI

1/2 wrench, I've probably gone through 15 of them. Not that I use that size anymore than the rest, its just the 1/2 size can't keep one for nothing. Thats why all my tools are the best you can buy except wrenches, I buy the best cheap ones I can find, plus thats what most people will pick up and not think nothing about it. :confused:

Besoeker

I don't lose many, I mostly wear them out. The ones I lose aren't really lost, I know where they are. When you work in the sewer business, like me, a dropped tool is a gone tool, most of the time. They are at the bottom of a pond or tank.
I was doing the string* tests on a VSD system at a pump manufacturer's premises. The VSD panel was sitting over their tank which was covered by an open mesh grid. I dropped a screwdriver and, of course, it rolled through a space in the grid. This was evidently quite a common occurence. They had a magnet on a piece of string for just such eventualities. No chance I thought. The tank is 5 metres (about 16 feet) deep and the screwdriver might have gone anywhere. But, as is often the case during testing, I was hanging around waiting so I thought I'd go fishing.

Not only did I get my own scredriver back but a couple of others as well - along with a collection of miscellaneous rusty nuts, washers, bolts etc.

iwire

Staff member
Not only did I get my own scredriver back but a couple of others as well - along with a collection of miscellaneous rusty nuts, washers, bolts etc.

:grin:

Got it ...... no thats not it

Got it ........ no thats not it

Got it ......

At least it passed the time. :cool:

macmikeman

Lost my cell phone last night. Spent two hours trying to locate it this morning. Gave up, suspended it, and got a new one. It was an old Razor that was pretty beat up, so no great loss except for the stored numbers and some pics. I loose flashlights left and right. I loose a lot of 10-32 taps and nail sets from those little "pencil" holder flaps on the tool pouch also.

Status
Not open for further replies.