Who is the builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarBri

The Rennart House

The Rennart House

That reached mythological proportions around here. Heh. I was involved with many 10k Sq. Ft. + homes here in the FAHBULOUS Hamptons and all I can say is... with the custom builders...if you don't already know the GC's professionally and have an outstanding relationship with them on a peronal level you are going to be hard pressed to get into that market, cause sorry to say, spec building is dead. I was a carpenter in a prior life and been there done that, money was good and steady, the electrical trade just called louder to me. It is a TOUGH market to break into. Lots of headaches for sure.... but the assumption that change orders kill is VERY wrong out here, they make fair contracts downright lucrative. That was 12 years of my life.

5 years later......

I am so happy working for homeowners installing PV right now, and installing residential electric under the very careful eye of our Master electrician.

Homeowners really appreciate a job well done, and knowing its safe and you are making a living is worth every second :)

peace
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.