whole House surge protector requires breaker to be top left space? I DOUBT IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullheimer

great replies!

great replies!

i have checked out other units, and you are all right about the eaton products. and i have found a couple other 'full of it' products as well. this thing might do some good for voltage spikes? doesn't sound like it tho from the above that it will do anything for a lightning strike tho.

which stands to reason, as read this: http://open4energy.com/forum/home/scam/power_factor_correction

points out the truth already stated hereinabove, that you will not save a dime, because you are not charged for pf waste in a residence. ie fraud. plain and simple.

i did in fact go back there and waste another hour of my life for their (companies) moolaah. i had to take a couple of bugs with me and my 2" wide tape to insulate them, and some #6CU, in order to move the top breaker down to the bottom (60A to an electric furnace).

seriously, i need to have all these customers sign a form that says that i do not warranty this product, or have anything else to do with it, i am only installing it per their directions. otherwise i can see me getting my butt sued off. :cry: while i did not supply any invoice or receipt to the customer for my work, i did pull permits which they have with my name all over them.

thanks again guys for another learning experience!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.