Why am I at a sandwich shop at 2:00 AM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really only have one item to mention here.

The owner of the sandwiche shop is one very lucky person for two reasons.

1. The shop did not burn down

2. He was able to enlist the employ of two very good men who not only did a nice job, but cleaned up the mess.

It is nice for him to go back to work the next morning like nothing ever happened.

GOOD JOB for our industry!!

Jim W in Tampa

Friends don't let friends change panels at 2 am.
While not pretty or neat i wont judge if done at hours like this.
That meat slicer is a 110.26 but you already knowed that.

SiddMartin

I like the fact that you took the time to take all the pics, if I get in a situation like that, I think to myself "I should take a lot of pics", but then I start rippin & tearin trying to get done and never take the time.

Kudos!

TOOL_5150

Awesome Bob.. cool story on how you helped that place from burning down. Now print this topic out and bring it to the shop owner and get a few free sandwitches! :grin:

~Matt

mxslick

Great pics and excellent work Bob. :)

Jim W in Tampa said:
That meat slicer is a 110.26 but you already knowed that.

Why? It looks like it's not fixed in place and can be readily moved out of the way.

480sparky

I'm going to guess they had some exterior lighting and/or sign circuit they just used a breaker to control, and you added a timer to it.

mxslick

since when can we place anything in front of a panel. Guess i could put panel behind a washer,dryer,range,frig

Apples and oranges sir. If the original panel was code compliant in that location. then the new one is.

Even with the slicer there, there is room to open the door and access the OCPDs, and if any work needs to be done on the panel one can do what Bob and his crew did, and move the slicer out of the way.

The other appliances you mentioned would require a great deal more effort to move out of the way. :D

Ed Carr

Is this a sub panel ? I see a bonding screw on neutral and cross over bar

Jim, I think there is a ground bar kit in left side of panel so the neutrals
and egc's are separated. Also the bonding screw is gone in the installed
photos. I have a feeling Bob is way better than that, but at 2am who knows:grin:.

Ed

alfiesauce

Is this a sub panel ? I see a bonding screw on neutral and cross over bar

The screw is out of the space on the second new panel picture and if you look at the top left hand corner of the panel they must have a ground bar becase all of the egc's seem to migrate to that corner.

And it better be a sub panel- there is no main on this panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.