Wireless Occ Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I need to install an occupancy sensor in a garage. The problem is the switch for the lights is in the house and not in the garage. I use a lot of Lutron RF switches with PICO remotes. Do they have an occ sensor that works like a PICO that I could use along with replacing the hardwired switch with an RF switch? I have used both Casetta and just the RF switch. The RF switch is basically the same as a Casetta without some of the options that Casetta uses. I see some things offered by Lutron but they are confusing to me there are so many. What do some of you guys use for my desired application?

Clayton79

Occupation
Owner/operator

This works, we use a lot of the 90 and 180 degree wall sensors where I work depends on setup, here it’s conference rooms, you can set them up as OCC or Vacancy sensors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I need to install an occupancy sensor in a garage. The problem is the switch for the lights is in the house and not in the garage. I use a lot of Lutron RF switches with PICO remotes. Do they have an occ sensor that works like a PICO that I could use along with replacing the hardwired switch with an RF switch? I have used both Casetta and just the RF switch. The RF switch is basically the same as a Casetta without some of the options that Casetta uses. I see some things offered by Lutron but they are confusing to me there are so many. What do some of you guys use for my desired application?

put a casita switch in the house, and a pico in the garage for local control, and a wireless occ sensor in the garage.
that is what i've done in my house, and i believe you can do it standalone. my house has radio Ra2

WA_Sparky

Electrical Engineer
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Trying to avoid running any wires.
I personally recommend using their Nlight Wired approach where youre running cat 5 to and from devices. If you want a wireless option this is pretty much the least amount of wire i can imagine you'd be running

Battery powered RF wall switch
Power pack to make fixture RF
Occ sensor

Or if you want the absolute least amount of wires you can just select that same wireless wall switch and buy a new fixture with integrated occupancy sensor in it. NES7 option

Last edited:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Legrand is releasing their caseta competitor on 6/18.

Here is a link to some of the products; not all are shown here.

There will be a wireless occ sensor and door/window sensor. The switches look like the standard “Radiant” line but are battery powered and do not require a box.

They work via Zigbee 3.0 and require the hub to be hardwired in a device box.

The feature they are lacking in comparison to Pico is an engraved scene controller; the version they are releasing is identical to the 4-button Legrand RF based scene controller. I have discussed with the Legrand product line manager the possibility of offering a scene controller that can be engraved, but i doubt that will happen.

They will also be offering a hardwired module that can be installed in a fixture box and controlled via the wireless switch, and later this year a fan speed control.

The adorne version of these devices may be out later this year but could be pushed to Q1 2022. They’re already a year behind schedule at this point on all of it. I was expecting demo units last November, supposedly they’re on the way now.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Legrand is releasing their caseta competitor on 6/18.

Here is a link to some of the products; not all are shown here.

Well it seems Legrand has pulled all of the product pages down, so that link won’t show you anything for now. Even searching by model number gives no results.

Status
Not open for further replies.