Wiring main panel and lighting panel to same fixtures for programming

TXsparky2023

New User
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Hello fellow sparkys!
I’m wiring in a new Leviton relay panel with smart breakers and cat6 switches.
The beginning seems simple. A circuit from a panel feeds into the Leviton panel and then feeds the lights so that they can be programmed for on and off times and dimming protocols. The emergency lighting is also nightlights which needs to have the main circuit wired ahead of the relay panel. So I’m wiring main panel to the battery backup in the fixture and then bringing in the relay panel circuit to the led driver. So this is the SAME circuit but different panel boards. We need to keep the neutrals separate but in the light both neutrals will ultimately be tied together. Has anyone else run across this situation? Much appreciated!

gary deinhard

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Hello fellow sparkys!
I’m wiring in a new Leviton relay panel with smart breakers and cat6 switches.
The beginning seems simple. A circuit from a panel feeds into the Leviton panel and then feeds the lights so that they can be programmed for on and off times and dimming protocols. The emergency lighting is also nightlights which needs to have the main circuit wired ahead of the relay panel. So I’m wiring main panel to the battery backup in the fixture and then bringing in the relay panel circuit to the led driver. So this is the SAME circuit but different panel boards. We need to keep the neutrals separate but in the light both neutrals will ultimately be tied together. Has anyone else run across this situation? Much appreciated!
What type of Leviton lighting control is it. They should have emergency relays.. You wire thru the emergency relay.

Krusscher

Occupation
Electrician
Welcome to the forum.

I don't see how without a switching device of some sort.
I could be wrong but I think he means he is using the same circuit that feeds the relay for that light is feeding the emergency ballast? If that is the case you only need to bring one neutral to it. Also if it is a night light I don't see why it needs to be hooked to the relay board at all.