You charge what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
i need a map.....

we started here....
"You give an honest estimate and the homeowner, contractor goes into cardiac arrest screaming your are charging too much."

we covered a lot of ground, and got to here....
"I don't know about where you are but around here you are just about guaranteed a hail storm will destroy your 50 year shingles before they are 50 years old."

god, i love an adventure, don't you? we've covered everything, from the bottom of the pool, to the top of the roof,
from motivational speakers, to the perfidy of the human soul, if you tie in the power failure thread to this one, we have it all.

we really don't need any other threads here... with a little patience, these two will eventually cover the entire
range of human experience, and cover it nicely with a roof we all would be proud of. and i accept responsibility
for tying the pool, and pool heat into both of these. it was a necessary joining, in developing the mike holt unified theory of everything.

and my pool is still cloudy. all the algae is gone, but i have suspended particulates in the water, that don't
seem to be able to be removed with flocculators. and i use the best flocculators there are.

you might say i'm fully flocculated, to no avail. it seems the only solution might be a drain and refill. fooey.
as with string theory, just when you think you have it all worked out, you find you are still flocked.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
i need a map.....

we started here....
"You give an honest estimate and the homeowner, contractor goes into cardiac arrest screaming your are charging too much."

we covered a lot of ground, and got to here....
"I don't know about where you are but around here you are just about guaranteed a hail storm will destroy your 50 year shingles before they are 50 years old."

god, i love an adventure, don't you? we've covered everything, from the bottom of the pool, to the top of the roof,
from motivational speakers, to the perfidy of the human soul, if you tie in the power failure thread to this one, we have it all.

we really don't need any other threads here... with a little patience, these two will eventually cover the entire
range of human experience, and cover it nicely with a roof we all would be proud of. and i accept responsibility
for tying the pool, and pool heat into both of these. it was a necessary joining, in developing the mike holt unified theory of everything.

and my pool is still cloudy. all the algae is gone, but i have suspended particulates in the water, that don't
seem to be able to be removed with flocculators. and i use the best flocculators there are.

you might say i'm fully flocculated, to no avail. it seems the only solution might be a drain and refill. fooey.
as with string theory, just when you think you have it all worked out, you find you are still flocked.
Wow, you're right, and this isn't even a Campfire Chat! We didn't just get thread drift, it shot through a wormhole into a different galaxy.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
I know nothing about pool water filters. Is it not possible to get a filter that is fine enough to remove the suspended particulates while passing the water through it? Maybe not for everyday use, but to swap in for a period of time when needed.

Cheers, Wayne

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I know nothing about pool water filters. Is it not possible to get a filter that is fine enough to remove the suspended particulates while passing the water through it? Maybe not for everyday use, but to swap in for a period of time when needed.

Cheers, Wayne
I don't know if he's already got one, but a charcoal filter should clean out the turbidity. Or a sand bed.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I don't know if he's already got one, but a charcoal filter should clean out the turbidity. Or a sand bed.

yeah, i have a cartridge filter -w- 450 sq. ft. of filter paper.

i need something that will filter a bit finer.... a DE filter will do it, but i don't want to
run a DE filter all the time..... hm..... what i need is a small DE filter i can hook into
my system and run the water thru that for a few days..... like an old junk one.... hmm...

as the thread swerves, jumps over a hedge, disappears thru a wormhole, and is gone.... >>>>>>

Dzboyce

Occupation
Washington 03 Electrician & plumber
And to keep this newest tangent going.....

Celite has a diatomacious earth open pit mine about 15 miles from me. They've been mining it here for over 75 years. When I was growing up it was the Kenite mine. Owned by Kendall Oil Company. It's a fresh water Dustin deposit here. Seems like Celite has a salt water diatomaceous earth mine somewhere in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.