600 amp res

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

am biding on a residence calling for 600 amp single phase metered panel feeding 3 200 amp panels the calculated load is 551 amps

Question anyone know of a link to this panel type also is the panel sufficient for this calculated load does the 80% rule apply here

Here lets stay with the 551 amps and a Calculator ....

551 / 3 =183.67

183.67/200MB=0.91835

VS

183.67/225MB=0.8163

183.67/250MB=0.734

Seems you short on Panel and Wire...

active1

Do you have an idea of how many circuits you will need?
Circuits fill up fast when you have all kinds of lighting, kitchenetts, bars, wirlpools, hot tubs, pool?, etc. Or if you get one of those people that want their electronics on it's own IG circuit.
IMO I would rather have more main panels than sub panels.

I thought I read your a/c load was more than 200 amps. I'm guessing the compressors will be grouped. Myself I would want to run the compressors off 1 panel to make it easy on me. Or at least off 2 mechanical panels next to each other.

Depending on your location a standby generator may be something desired by the owner. They might not think about it until your almost done. I would ask the HO if it is something they want. It could be a big add for you. And it would change some aspects of the project such as another panel & transfer sw for the generator loads.

You could also offer at an additional cost bolt in panels. Sell it as comercial grade, top shelf, heavy duty, long life, etc. Every once in a while you will have a person that has the money and wants the best even if it's not out in the open. Give them the switchbord option.

Before you get to far into the project make sure your idea is approved by the village and poco. Such as having to use a CT meter. I have worked in some areas that made their own 1 disco rule. Some wanted it inside some outside. Also make sure you have the clear space for all your main panels / discos ajecent to your meter. Some homes it seems almost impossable to find a spont outside without a door, window, steps, inside corner, or other equipment and be able to use the space inside. Let alone a place acceptable to the HO and utility.

Forget that SER, UF, NM, Romex, lamp cord, and sprinkler wire. Pipe those panels.
HO got the money.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
It's a house. Put a little heat and a little a/c in each one, and you're probably going to be good to go. I'd probably go for more than 3 panels though, too, but in another way. Each of those 200 amp panels would likely have a distributed subpanel someplace in the house hung off it for lighting and receptacles.

A house with a 600 amp service might have a pretty decent set of plans already with panel schedules and so on.

can you just post the prints and specs up here, and we can make it
a group effort, and vote on the bid?:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.