Retired Electrical Contractor
chris kennedy said:
Trouble maker.

Not Me

quiz1433outcome7.jpg

iwire

Staff member
wirebender said:
If we don't run a wire EGC in the conduit what in the world will they use for the neutral when they decide to add a circuit?:roll:

I like to use it as a pull wire to add more circuits. :cool:

frizbeedog

What Would Frizbeedog doo

What Would Frizbeedog doo

Install a grouning conductor. It just feels good. And by the way, that's frizbeedog. If she uploaded ok.

dcspector

If one runs #8 ungrounded conductors with a #12 EGC, OCPD 50 amp(75c Terminations) and all installed in 3/4" EMT set screw would they stiil have to meet 250.122 and install a #10 or lets say the OCPD is 20 amp for the same above senario, would one then have to meet 250.122(B). I guess my question is, if one installs an EGC in EMT, would that EGC still have to meet the referenced Articles, in both senarios? I seem to remember a thread on this awhile back.

jerm

seeme like it was just yesterday (read the last post) that I was saying that the members here are pertty well split on weather or not you should pull a copper ground.

I can't believe we're having this thread again. :)

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
iwire said:
We are board......:D

Besides, I think we are just having some fum, I don't take this thread to be very serious. :grin:
I do. :grin:

And its bored not board.:grin::grin::grin:

nakulak

I thought the ampacity of 3/4" emt was exactly the same as that of an indianhead penny ?? isn't that still in the code ?

dcspector

jerm said:
seeme like it was just yesterday (read the last post) that I was saying that the members here are pertty well split on weather or not you should pull a copper ground.

I can't believe we're having this thread again. :)

I had a serious question "Jerminator"

Nope that was not the one Thread that I was looking for.......I will stay out of this one and do my own search of past threads Thanks.

As far as having threads all are Bored with look how many times Ya'll did the Ground up or down........before all became "BOARD"

iwire

Staff member
nakulak said:
I thought the ampacity of 3/4" emt was exactly the same as that of an indianhead penny ?? isn't that still in the code ?

:grin:

In God we trust.

The truth is properly steel conduit has a lower impedance then any copper EGC you will install inside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.