Funny sayings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshunk

There's one phrase I hear a lot, and I really hate it. When you first power up some lighting, there's always going to be one person who says, "...and let there be light". If I had a nickle for every time I heard that I'd be rich.

One of my favored expressions, maybe even my personal motto, is "fake it 'till you make it". :)

peter d

mdshunk said:
There's one phrase I hear a lot, and I really hate it. When you first power up some lighting, there's always going to be one person who says, "...and let there be light". If I had a nickle for every time I heard that I'd be rich.

I've been know to say that from time to time upon installing lighting. :D I suppose that means you would hate me. ;)

480sparky

mdshunk said:

One of my favored expressions, maybe even my personal motto, is "fake it 'till you make it". :)

I use "And Ken said, 'Let there be light!' A little more personal, I think.

Then there's "I'd rather be lucky than good!" :smile:

mdshunk

peter d said:
I've been know to say that from time to time upon installing lighting. :D I suppose that means you would hate me. ;)
Maybe! Well, not just because of that. It would be just another reason for the list. :grin:

powerslave

"We're not good, but we're fast."

Back when I was in electronics:

"Uh oh. Once you let the smoke out, the electrons stop working."

"...what'd you use, a .38?"

".38, .39 whatever it takes......"

tonyou812

I personally feel like screaming every time someone calls me "sparky" for the love of god ...my name is "Kirk, James T ......oh uh I mean Tony" sometimes I forget ;)

sparky 134

tonyou812 said:
I personally feel like screaming every time someone calls me "sparky" for the love of god ...my name is "Kirk, James T ......oh uh I mean Tony" sometimes I forget ;)

I get pretty hot when people start making the 'buzzing/electrocution' sound when I'm working.

When the carpenter's do it I've been known to say, "That's about as funny as you cutting off a few fingers with your saw."

I've also said, "The fire department called. Your house is on fire and your family is trapped." This one's a little over the top but I get my point across.

What is sooooo funny about someone getting shocked ?

ultramegabob

sparky 134 said:
I get pretty hot when people start making the 'buzzing/electrocution' sound when I'm working.

When the carpenter's do it I've been known to say, "That's about as funny as you cutting off a few fingers with your saw."

I've also said, "The fire department called. Your house is on fire and your family is trapped." This one's a little over the top but I get my point across.

What is sooooo funny about someone getting shocked ?

I could start a whole rant on stupid stuff that people do and say while Im working....:mad:

blue spark

When someone starts getting a little testy about labor time and cost I tell them, "We're not in this for the money, we're in this to make dreams come true!". That'll usually send them off elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.