Funny sayings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the first 3 that came to mind:

On leaving slack for terminations after pulling wire "You can always cut them shorter, but you can't cut them longer."

On keeping things in perspective when dealing w/ an unfamiliar system "It's just electricity, it doesn't care where it goes."

On keeping things in perspective in general "Ain't nobody gonna die if this isn't done today"

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
mdshunk said:
There's one phrase I hear a lot, and I really hate it. When you first power up some lighting, there's always going to be one person who says, "...and let there be light". If I had a nickle for every time I heard that I'd be rich.

One of my favored expressions, maybe even my personal motto, is "fake it 'till you make it". :)
My client's kid calls me
" god of Light"
I guess some folks are used to the smoke.................

brian john

calls me "sparky" for the love of god ...{/quote]

Not big on the sparky thing either

"...and let there be light".

Could you give this a break, When I was an apprentice, I was working in an government office building that had a major ballasts issues I spent 6 months replacing ballast everytime I would turn on a circuit I heard this "and let there be light" 1st time cute, 2nd OK by the 1000th I was sick of it.

One of my guys worked for a contractor that use to say.

"We may not be the best, but we are the most expensive."

mivey

Mike Burch said:
"The boss makes a dollar and I make a dime and that's why I c*** on company time". :grin:
That was from the electrician's porta-john. In the engineer's porta-john, a small strategically-placed note read: "if you can read this, you are at a 43.5 degree angle"

cowboyjwc

Staff member
"Money is no object, we'll get this right if it takes every penny you have."

We got put on painting detail one time at the plant where I worked, about the 1000th "you missed a spot", we put up a big sign that said "We know, we missed a spot". People kind of got the idea that it wasn't funny anymore. A VP came by and asked about the sign, we told him that everyone wanted to comment on the "spot we missed", but nobody ever complimented us on how much we covered. A week later we all ended up with a thank you letter in our pesonel files.:smile:

sparky 134 said:
I get pretty hot when people start making the 'buzzing/electrocution' sound when I'm working.

When the carpenter's do it I've been known to say, "That's about as funny as you cutting off a few fingers with your saw."

I've also said, "The fire department called. Your house is on fire and your family is trapped." This one's a little over the top but I get my point across.

What is sooooo funny about someone getting shocked ?

In my experience it was always my own stupid mistake.........:)

If you are unable to laugh at yourself, you will give somebody else the oppurtunity....:D

You charge how much!?! That's shocking!

483 Phase, and whatever voltage you want.

"So, all you can do is meet code?","Oh, no, we can exceed it too."

As someone gets close to touching an electric fence, turn on a flashlight, right next to their head.

All they can make us do is follow the manufacturers instructions...

Well, they just pull some 400V wire, and then they wire nut that with 2 sets of 200V wire in that trough...

"Can someone explain why this won't work?","We don't have the time to explain common sense."

Why is it, when you're trying to cut costs to keep a project in the budget, someone always comes up with something new? Have you ever thought of trying to explain that you didn't "find" a bunch of money when you took something out?

"What is wrong with this thing?!?","Have you tried replacing the operator?"

"My computer is messed up, can you come take a look at it?","Oh, that's an old EBKAC error. You need to replace what's on C."

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsquat.

Half of this job is knowing what you're doing. The other half is knowing how to cover up what you're doing.

bth0mas20

"Can you work on 48 ov"

I think the engineer read the label wrong. Thier comes a point when you can be too book smart and lack common sense.

brian john

To cover botched work on the punch list.

Hang a plant in front of it.
Caulk it, paint it and move on.
or from my brick layer friend lay em and leave em.

360Youth

LarryFine said:
Mr. Mom, spoken by Michael Keaton, to Martin Mull.

It's hard to stump me when it comes to movies. ;)

If we are going to associate movie lines, another favorite for me is from Monty Python's Holy Grail.

"Look at the bones!" implies the obviousness of the situation.

That movie is full of applicable funny lines. :grin:

POWER_PIG

tonyou812 said:
I personally feel like screaming every time someone calls me "sparky" for the love of god ...my name is "Kirk, James T ......oh uh I mean Tony" sometimes I forget ;)
LOL!!!!
Amen to that!!
Im glad to hear it aint only me....I despise being called sparky. ( not sure why)

Status
Not open for further replies.