Inspectors are funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim W in Tampa

swollard said:
As an inspector I have no problem admitting it when I am wrong. That being said, according to your situation about the receptacle location 12" from the floor. If you would have asked me if I wanted you to go get a code book, my resonse to you would be yes and get a tape measure, and all of your lode calculations for every single circuit in the house because we are going to be here for a while.

And i think most here would say your out of line if you use your power in this fashion.Sounds like your saying dont even question what i say or i will get you.

coulter

swollard -

swollard said:
... I dont think there are very many contractors out there who want us to pull a code book out for every inspection. ...
Let's see if I understand. When you write a violation, you don't bother to cite a code section?

carl

are you really an electrician? the code is adopted as law, it is not up to you to pick and choose what you or the customer wants, these rules are made by people that have much more experience than you. What if the customer said that they didn't want gfci protection on outdoor outlets, would that work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.