Inspectors are funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpd

jim w

no i can leave because its not ready, and make him re-schedule and then make him wait 3 days, like i said he would think twice before he played games again

Jim W in Tampa

mpd said:
jim w

no i can leave because its not ready, and make him re-schedule and then make him wait 3 days, like i said he would think twice before he played games again

Fine but your flirting with harrasement.And he will win if you try charge him.

frizbeedog

radiopet said:
heck yeah we are funny......and we are here all week....;)

Don't forget to tip the waitresses and bartenders on your way out. Thanks for comming.

Edit....There's no smiles in the edit function. Bummer.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
frizbeedog said:
Don't forget to tip the waitresses and bartenders on your way out. Thanks for comming.

Edit....There's no smiles in the edit function. Bummer.
Sure there are. You have to hit edit then go advanced.

edit to add smiley: :smile::):cool::roll:

mthead

That's right baby-we all take that same class--and you know what?--That class has a new section! Yup. We call it the stickyboy section.
Yeah that's the ticket! And we take that section and we sit there and we giggle!Uh huh Uh huh.Yessiree bob we do.

stickboy1375

mthead said:
That's right baby-we all take that same class--and you know what?--That class has a new section! Yup. We call it the stickyboy section.
Yeah that's the ticket! And we take that section and we sit there and we giggle!Uh huh Uh huh.Yessiree bob we do.

And when an inspector tells me I cant have a receptacle in a closet I just cannot help but laugh too... :roll: :cool:

mthead

Inspectors are funny

You can even have a switch in the closet if you felt so inclined ,but we give that info out only on a need to know basis.

Jim W in Tampa

mthead said:

Maybe you should spend that free time on being sure your right before writing a red tag.And taking ,even passing a class does not mean much.The OP had an inspector that was not educated enough.I am one of them that exspects an inspector to be tops in the field.He needs to know far more than average electrician.Some do and others would not even make a good helper.

Minuteman

Under the old system, at the permit desk, we could give the clerk our special instructions (lock combo, key location, which neighbor's door to knock, or a phone number) and the clerk would type the instructions on the inspectors print out.

Now, under the new system, I have to call the inspector directly. So I called Monday with a phone number for access. Inspectors are only at their desk from 8-8:30 and 4:30-5. They do not carry official cell phones and do not give out their personal numbers (which I understand).

Inspector: "I will inspect that job on Thursday".

Me: "Okay, here is the number"

Inspector: "No, call me on Thursday with it."

Me: "Can't you just make a note of it?"

Inspector: "No, YOU make a note, and call ME on Thursday"!

Me: "Ah... sure, right".

Minuteman said:
Under the old system, at the permit desk, we could give the clerk our special instructions (lock combo, key location, which neighbor's door to knock, or a phone number) and the clerk would type the instructions on the inspectors print out.

Now, under the new system, I have to call the inspector directly. So I called Monday with a phone number for access. Inspectors are only at their desk from 8-8:30 and 4:30-5. They do not carry official cell phones and do not give out their personal numbers (which I understand).

Yeah, another FINE example of public service paid from your and my tax money.

M. D.

Where I live until very recently , the only way to reach the inspector was his cell phone, no office hours or scheduling , had to call him the morning you needed the inspection , but not too early ,he had get the guys going , he ran an electrical shop in the same town.

Jim W in Tampa

Minuteman said:

Here your doing great to get told morning or afternoon.We had one in a highly secured factory.Inspectors shows up to find note from guard on door (be back in 5 minutes).Inspector writes tag for no entry.Some will do all they can for you but many just dont care.On remodels this can be major problem.Cant afford to wait all day on job thats finished and at same time i cant leave there door unlocked.Will admit when they are booked with 30 inspections they simply cant be calling you or anyone else.Just got to add that into price.I have had to wait almost all day for an inspection but we are almost always there to meet the inspector.

Status
Not open for further replies.