Is this a ligitimate installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Sierrasparky said:
Bob I'm not familiar with the UL white book. what jurisdiction does it have in with respect to the NEC.

If the UL white book does not match up with how we use a listed product you should get hit with 110.3(B).

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Sierrasparky said:
Great thanks.

Here is a sealing locknut by Thomas & Bettts

Thomas--Betts-145SL-rw-86394-151071.jpg

massfd

Looks odd, why do the feeders come into the bottom of the switch??
The fuses would be hot all the time, I thought that the feed lugs where always on top and the load on the bottom.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
massfd said:
Looks odd, why do the feeders come into the bottom of the switch??

They look to me like they come out of the CT can and hit the line side(top) and the load leaves the bottom.

Is there a pic of the service entrance conduit into the CT can?

massfd

chris kennedy said:
They look to me like they come out of the CT can and hit the line side(top) and the load leaves the bottom.

Is there a pic of the service entrance conduit into the CT can?

I was thinking the same thing when I first looked at it but if that is so it also seems odd that the top lugs on the CT would be the load connection

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Load is out the bottom except for the Nuetrals
load side of ct is the top .

and
Thanks Bob.. :)

e57

tom baker said:
~~~~~I don't know if there are any diecast raintite, I have only seen steel compression raintite.
Remember they used to be - now you must be nostalgic, or throw them over the border into Canada for them to be rain tight....

Also did no one notice the completel unconnected rod below this mess???? In the pour of the slab too - whats that?

Last edited:

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I think I figured out why the nuetrals run seperate. It was probable an afterthought. They may have originally called for 480 3 wire and then needed 480v 277 4 wire .
Couldn't they have fit the nuetral in the original conduit. Even downsized the wire.

stickboy1375

Sierrasparky said:
I think I figured out why the nuetrals run seperate. It was probable an afterthought. They may have originally called for 480 3 wire and then needed 480v 277 4 wire .
Couldn't they have fit the nuetral in the original conduit. Even downsized the wire.

Not without pulling the original wires out, and they probably struggled to get them in... ;) :grin: That installation is a joke...

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Hey is there a problem using parallel conductors. When we were doing a lot of commercial work we never pulled 500 cu. My boss thought it was tooo much trouble.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Texhunter7 said:
Should there be a plastic bushing on all pipes to protect wire, if the wire is #4 or larger ?

I'd say so , what about bonding bushings it's service and 480v

nice graphic sticky... where do you get those?

Status
Not open for further replies.