laundry receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

480sparky said:
Darkness is not the opposite of light. Darkness is the absence of light.
Silence is not the opposite of sound. Silence is the absence of sound.
Cold is not the opposite of heat. Cold is the absence of heat.
The NEC is not the opposite of common sense. The NEC is the absence of common sense. :grin: :grin:

--- be sure to give me credit for this when you quote me on this one. :smile:

LMAO

I will give you the credit you so rightfully deserve :grin:

celtic said:
BTW, the NEC does not understand the term "common sense" :grin:

480sparky said:
The NEC is not the opposite of common sense. The NEC is the absence of common sense. :grin: :grin:

Come on guys, you should all know by now that you never use common sense when using any codes!:grin: ;)

celtic

DanZ said:
Come on guys, you should all know by now that you never use common sense when using any codes!:grin: ;)

I was baptized by fire here during the great switch debates :grin:

The end result went something like this (if anyone recalls who posted this originally....give them the credit they so rightfully deserve :smile:)

The code doesn't say what you think it says

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
celtic said:
The end result went something like this (if anyone recalls who posted this originally....give them the credit they so rightfully deserve :smile:)
celtic said:
The code doesn't say what you think it says

That would be yours truly. :smile: Try a word search on this forum for "Charlie's Rule."

celtic

charlie b said:
That would be yours truly. :smile: Try a word search on this forum for "Charlie's Rule."
I knew that :smile: ;)

Now we ALL know that :cool:

[You might to edit the "Originally posted by Celtic"....to give yourself credit where credit is due]

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
480sparky said:

It is done:

Ken's Rule

I love it! :cool:

another answer i have gotten on this topic is if this is a rental unit the tennant cannot change the appliance therefore not requireing the 120 volt circuit

celtic

scottysolar said:
another answer i have gotten on this topic is if this is a rental unit the tennant cannot change the appliance therefore not requireing the 120 volt circuit

Where does the NEC even address this :-?

e57

Yes - I know I'm late....
celtic said:
The intent might be for other appliances - like an iron.
In another thread - I have mentioned just that... An old guy (now ~90 and still working) that I used to work for, and all of the older inspectors who have now retired used to inspect jobs here for that.... An outlet and circuit for the laundry equipment - AND one for the iron... I asked them often what this was for and the answer was always the intent was the same - for the iron... Granted this was usually in homes that had maids who did nothing but laundry for most of the day...

Note the use of the word "area", and of the ending in just "laundry" as if it were a kitchen. As well as no mention of "Equipment" as it would if it were describing a cicruit for equipment in any other part of the code...
(F) Laundry Areas. In dwelling units, at least one receptacle outlet shall be installed for the laundry.

And the same here - no mention of equipment for the outlet(s) - and that is should serve no other outlets - much like the familiar Kit CT outlets - or bath outlets.
(2) Laundry Branch Circuits. In addition to the number of branch circuits required by other parts of this section, at least one additional 20-ampere branch circuit shall be provided to supply the laundry receptacle outlet(s) required by 210.52(F). This circuit shall have no other outlets.

On a simular note - 20a outlets in the dining area.... Coffee machine and bain marie for service in the dining room at the side board....

Status
Not open for further replies.