Not Electrical related, but can you explain this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldrc

It only works with Ie explorer, sorry

The question here is where did the extra block come from.

There is a very simple answer, I could say two words and you would figure it out easily :)

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
It only works with Ie explorer, sorry

The question here is where did the extra block come from.

There is a very simple answer, I could say two words and you would figure it out easily :)

The block with the dot is the extra block with it in there, There are 40 without it there are 39..:)

ronaldrc

Close but no cigar.

There are 65 blocks or parts of blocks either way its worked.

5 high and 13 long. :)

Last edited:

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Close but no cigar.

There are 65 blocks or parts of blocks either way its worked.

5 high and 13 long. :)

Well i counted them again and it still comes out to 40 and 39...

Maybe i am getting the wrong one when i click the link.:blink:

ronaldrc

Well i counted them again and it still comes out to 40 and 39...

Maybe i am getting the wrong one when i click the link.:blink:

My Bad

I never have counted them there are 40, I was thinking about a rectangle when I multiplied 5x13

But the question is where does the extra block come from?

mivey

The two triangles sorta look like they have the same area from a distance but they do not. Check the slope on the green vs. the red.

mivey

The two triangles sorta look like they have the same area from a distance but they do not. Check the slope on the green vs. the red.
The light green leaves gaps as well. Start by trying to line up the pieces in the original configuration.

From a distance, your eye is forgiving the small imperfections in alignment.

ronaldrc

Mivey

There is a answer on the Internet floating around similiar to what you are thinking. I started with that idea but it has nothing to do with that.

Its really simple I could say one word which is an object and it would be pretty easy to figure it out. :)

mivey

Mivey

There is a answer on the Internet floating around similiar to what you are thinking. I started with that idea but it has nothing to do with that.

Its really simple I could say one word which is an object and it would be pretty easy to figure it out. :)
Align the dark green on top of the red with the left corners and bottom ligned up. You can clearly see the difference. Something somewhere isn't lining up.

PS: It helps to zoom to 400%.

Last edited:

mivey

Remember when you rearrange them there is nothing being altered with the sections, other than there location. :)
Well the alignment sure is being altered and the figures do not line up. Bit and pieces are either hanging over or creating gaps. Evidently enough to make up for about one square.

If the parts are not aligned the same, the footprint for the area is not going to be the same.

ronaldrc

Well the alignment sure is being altered and the figures do not line up. Bit and pieces are either hanging over or creating gaps. Evidently enough to make up for about one square.

If the parts are not aligned the same, the footprint for the area is not going to be the same.

Mivey its very hard to draw the blocks precisely the ones you see other places on the web use thicker lines around the blocks sections that move.

I tried to draw them with the thinest lines, so you can see theres not that much space being taken up. :)

templdl

There is sometthing about the angle of the solution that seems to be ever so slightly different just enough to reduce the area of the triangle by one square.

mivey

There is sometthing about the angle of the solution that seems to be ever so slightly different just enough to reduce the area of the triangle by one square.
I agree. Line the pieces up like I described in #12 with the page zoomed in to 400% and it sticks out like a sore thumb. The little bits and pieces that hang over are not as noticible when looking at the whole thing together but obviously add up to about one square.

Status
Not open for further replies.