Owner doesn't want permits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
I went to Baldwin, Georgia city hall today to pull a permit. They are only accepting permit applications 2-3:00, Tues & Thurs, must make appointment ahead of time, 4 appointments per hour (8 permits per week). This includes all construction, not just electrical. So I have to wait now until Tuesday 2:45 to start work.

Sounds like an entrapment scam to fine people for not getting permits. Sure does not help economy, people want to spend money and create jobs, and stimulate the economy then some government agency puts a halt to everything by limiting to only 8 permits per week. If you want to do things legally you need to plan a project and get on the waiting list possibly years in advance. Then along comes code changes and plans need revised by the time project actually gets the OK to start.:thumbsdown:

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Something really wrong with that community. They will certainly have a rise of illegal jobs.

So I will make a assumption that inspections are only one or 2 days a week.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
inspector is part time, his full time job is in a bigger town. last time I scheduled an inspection with him I couldn't meet him 6:00 pm the following day so he met me 9:00 on a saturday morning. so in a way scheduling inspections is easier than usual.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
inspector is part time, his full time job is in a bigger town. last time I scheduled an inspection with him I couldn't meet him 6:00 pm the following day so he met me 9:00 on a saturday morning. so in a way scheduling inspections is easier than usual.

Thats fine if you work saturdays. I do but some folks have family and the weekends are for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.