Pulling residential meters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

zog

POCO comes by the house yesterday to install a new meter (whole other story). I meet the guy at the house, he's wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt, he walks in the back yard grabs the old meter and unplugs it and then plugs in the new meter. Both while under load. So much for trained professionals. I on the other hand took a few steps back and turned my head.:smile:

Sad, he needs to read the 2007 National Electrical Saftey Code's (NESC) new rule 410A3, which states, "Effective January 1, 2009, the employer shall ensure that an assessment is performed to determine potential exposure to an electric arc for employees who work on or near energized parts or equipment."

charlie

Sad, he needs to read the 2007 National Electrical Safety Code's (NESC) new rule 410A3, which states, "Effective January 1, 2009, the employer shall ensure that an assessment is performed to determine potential exposure to an electric arc for employees who work on or near energized parts or equipment."
I agree, our guys wear 8 cal. Nomex, hard hat / full face shield / UV protection, 600 volt gloves / leather protectors, and rated steel toed shoes. We are looking at their PPE and are moving towards more stringent requirements. After decades of just cotton shirts and jeans, we are not moving as fast as we should but we are a long way from shorts and a short sleeve shirt. :)

480sparky

I agree, our guys wear 8 cal. Nomex, hard hat / full face shield / UV protection, 600 volt gloves / leather protectors, and rated steel toed shoes. We are looking at their PPE and are moving towards more stringent requirements. After decades of just cotton shirts and jeans, we are not moving as fast as we should but we are a long way from shorts and a short sleeve shirt. :)

There's plenty of videos like this one that can show what happens wearing cotton & polyester.

Status
Not open for further replies.