Fridays Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Is the old service riser still energized, or are you scrapping the copper from that to buy Al a new shovel?

I still don't think that 1" PVC to the left is rated to hang banners from.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Is the old service riser still energized, or are you scrapping the copper from that to buy Al a new shovel?

I still don't think that 1" PVC to the left is rated to hang banners from.

Thats a 2" my riser is a 4". If the 2" gets ripped down in the wind, I will have work for next week.

Al has to supply his own shovels

Man you guys are brutal. The 7 shovels on the truck belong to me, not my employer. I just let Al borrow them.:D

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I don't think it looks bad,paint it with galvanized paint, and it would look just like GRC. I was just concerned that the top portion would eventually bow over in the heat and look bad. But you solved that problem.

walkerj

I think it will be just fine like that.
I have seen worse:D

So when are you gonna get Al a computer and an internet connection so we can hear HIS side of the story?

walkerj

I think that if Al were to start a thread it would turn into "Ask Al" and possibly end up being the Most Viewed thread on this site:grin:

chris kennedy

Occupation
I'll get him to post up. One computer a woman and 2 kids is his problem at home. I show him threads here and at the office, but he is not addicted like some of you.(Us):smile:

480sparky

I think that if Al were to start a thread it would turn into "Ask Al" and possibly end up being the Most Viewed thread on this site:grin:

Dear Al;

I need to dig a trench 36" deep and 50' long. What shovels do you recommend? I'm thinking a round-point and a spade at minimum.

Git-R-Done in Iowa

iaov

I think the potential for television and syndication is here. Maybe call it "Dig This". Al in the trench, Cris with Handbook in hand directing camera crew, and every week they could have somebody like Danny Lipford or Bob Villa swinging the "guest shovel".

chris kennedy

Occupation
PVC masts wouldn't fly around here, guyed back or not.

Since I was at the beach today I stopped to snap this picture of two 3" pvc risers that I installed 3? years ago. Don't give me heck about the unistrut straps, they still look good to me.

DeversPVCrisers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.