Acronym Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

Looking at a job ad:

"BATC Card and TWIC card are a plus."

Bureau of Apprenticeship Training Committee? Maybe?

No clue on this one?
TWIC

Ideas?

celtic

No clue on this one?
TWIC

Ideas?

TWIC is HUGE

My limited understanding of TWIC is that it is required on any job that is bordered by water that the Coasties patrol :-?

The background checking and such is pretty extensive.

I have a SWAC card as of now...next will probably be the TWIC.

Here is a related thread: How's your TWIC? ....much was deleted for some reason

celtic

Assuming this "TWIC" is the same said "TWIC" - there must be a better vetting process for acronyms - this one is silly....

The first time someone asked me about a SWAC card I thought they were trying to say TWIC card...but had a lisp :grin:

e57

If someone asked for a "SWAC card" I may only reply with another choice of acronym. Or accuse them of dressing like a pirate on the week-ends.

360Youth

TWIC is HUGE

My limited understanding of TWIC is that it is required on any job that is bordered by water that the Coasties patrol :-?

Correct. We had to get our TWIC cards a few months ago in order to keep doing work at the port.

quogueelectric

TWIC is HUGE

I gave everyone a twic heads up 6 months ago. Rodger felt the need to beat his chest and delete them. I am sure he still doesnt know what it is. God bless his dictatorship. He certainly needs to brush up on his homeland security clearances. I have long since been using mine. You just dont get these overnight.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I gave everyone a twic heads up 6 months ago. Rodger felt the need to beat his chest and delete them. I am sure he still doesnt know what it is. God bless his dictatorship. He certainly needs to brush up on his homeland security clearances. I have long since been using mine. You just dont get these overnight.

Sorry there quo, your memory is lacking. Your links in the thread, which was started by another member, had nothing to do with TWIC and appeared to be a case of late night PWI, so yes I deleted them.

BTW, I was not the only Moderator that deleted your off topic posts in the thread and I was not the one who closed it.

Although I will leave your post in this thread, I will continue to delete posts that appear to be cases of PWI.

Roger

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Pretty sure it was closed at the 100 day mark, not as a result of the content of the thread.

Quogue, I'm the dictator this year; if anyone has any problems feel free to discuss them with me via PM.

Now, back to the topic! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.