Range receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

Always look under the range:

IMG_5842.JPG

ivsenroute

This was caught on a final inspection. I always remove the drawer so I can also check the tip clip installation which was also missing.

Is there a section of 314 that would cover this installation?

iwire

Staff member

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I always remove the drawer so I can also check the tip clip installation which was also missing.

Are you a combo inspector?
I must be a combo installer. I always install the anti-tip bracket if it's not already done, since I'm "installing" the range.

The two minutes it takes is worth knowing it might protect a kid from burns.

iwire

Staff member
I must be a combo installer. I always install the anti-tip bracket if it's not already done, since I'm "installing" the range.

I have never installed dwelling unit range, I may have pushed them into place but Charlie B tells me that utilization equipment that plugs in is not 'installed' and not covered by the NEC.

Not sure I agree with that but it is something to consider.

Jim W in Tampa

http://www.geappliances.com/search/fast/infobase/10000138.htm

I cannot remember ever doing a dwelling unit job where the range was in place before final inspection so you would not have to remove the drawer. :)
Here we often see the range and frig on our trim out because builder gets package deals for the frig,range,built in micro,dish washer,pig.

Is that cord we see a 4 wire ? Maybe what happened here is the range installer changed the 4 prong receptacle to a 3 and then did not have a cover. Looks like 4 square was cut in after the drywall. Been nice if he had turned it 90 degrees. As for the clip i am not sure the EC is licensed to install it.

electricmanscott

What if no kids live there? :confused: :D

Seriously, I have never installed an anti tip bracket nor am I required to as a licensed electrician.

SOP for me is install receptacles and maybe install cord. It seems that usually the cord is installed by the appliance delivery people. Of course it is installed incorrectly but..

Status
Not open for further replies.