"Ampilizer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
I know you know this but let's not go there as that is not really the issue. Someone could have enough pedigrees to wall-paper their house. What really matters is what is said.

I'll grant that there has been a lot of poking at you with sticks and I can understand your lashing out. I promise you the best way to defend yourself is with facts. On that note, I have seen a lot of name-dropping and such, but no substantial information.

I visited the links from prior posts and was not swayed by the mis-information there. I'll accept that the target audience was for those not familiar with electrical theory. I can assure you that I am, as well as many members here, very familiar with electrical theory.

How about bringing some facts to the plate and give us some real meat to chew on? I would be willing to assume that some prior posts were made in haste and not well thought out due to some of the sharp criticism that has been sent your way. I would be willing to ignore some of the prior posts that did not make much sense if you would be willing to take your time and prepare a post with some good information and theory to support your claims.

At this point, I have seen nothing that would make me think this box you are selling is anything other than smoke and mirrors. Please give me information to help support your company's claims of savings for residential loads. I am always willing to learn but I need real facts. I am not saying the following is the truth, but I am just honestly telling you the perceptions I get from the data so far: Either 1) You have been sold a lot of mis-information by someone you trust and are just repeating what you have been taught, or 2) You do not have a solid grasp on electrical theory and/or supply physics and have come up with this information on your own, or 3) We do not have all the information and are missing something.

Whatever the case may be, let's get some facts on the table and either you can help us or we can help you.

This is a little how I feel about his posts. He claims to know more than most of us yet will not give us any explanation that he backs up with any information outside of "I am an expert". If he truly has something the rest of us do not know about why would he not want to educate us? He has a pretty big audience of potential designers, installers, etc. and if he truly has something worth while we are the ones he needs to impress the most.

If he truly has something the rest of us do not know about why would he not want to educate us? He has a pretty big audience of potential designers, installers, etc. and if he truly has something worth while we are the ones he needs to impress the most.

It's also a poor salesman who insults his potential customers.

I^R- if you have scientifically rigorous information, please present it for study. Part of the act of scientific discourse is to test the theories proposed against the known facts. Some of the people here know quite a lot about harmonics, power factor, and the physics of electricity, which are natural phenomena and can be mathematically described; buzzwords don't work, facts do. Show us waveforms (i/v/p) of a power line with and without the device attached, and describe the load(s) involved. Show us the test data and dispassionately defend it. Let the the engineers attempt to find holes in the theory, if they can't, it's stronger. If they can, fix the theory. That's how it works, blatant assertion does not.

You might also want to take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
LEE County : Contractor List
Contractor Type: Roofing Contractor
DAVID C CROWTHER
CCC036985 CFS FACILITY SERVICES
12120 AMEDICUS LN
FORT MYERS FL 33907
239-561-2600

Owner of Ampilizer Facebook page is Danielle Crowther

Owner of : CFS Facility Services, LLC
Also associated with:
Crsm Buy Sell, LLC
Crowther Co., LLC
Flying Seas Aviation, LLC
Roof Check, Inc.

Npstewart

We were thankfully contracted with someone else.

Im glad the contractors name was posted on here. Anyone that lives in this area knows who they are.

zog

Read the lease agreement
http://www.ampilizer.com/agreement.php

Not only is it $50 to install and $15/month, there is "(b) Equipment Removal Fee: A one time fee that is charged pursuant to paragraph 5 (b) and is applicable to the specified termination and/or breach events. CRE will invoice Customer for the equipment removal fee due at time of removal"

And here is the "Guarantee" - (j) Service Performance Commitments. CRE makes no express or implied warranty as to the exact performance a Customer will experience due to the fact that each installation will be uniquely affected by any number of variables such as the number and age of Customer?s major appliances, electric usage patterns and subject property characteristics.

But the sales guy said it would save me money - (c) Other. This written agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and CRE. No oral statement by any salesperson or other representative shave serve to amend or modify this agreement, unless said amendment is in writing and signed by both parties. Should any court determine any provision herein to in invalid or unenforceable, the rest of the agreement will remain enforceable. The terms of this agreement that expressly or by their nature service termination shall continue thereafter until fully performed.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
We are not alone.

There are scams everywhere, particularly in the automotive sales field. At Advance Auto, a large chain here in the US, they were selling a little gadget that plugged into your cigarette lighter that was supposed to give you better mileage and performance by smoothing out your car's electrical system.

You are 100 percent correct about scammers taking advantage of the fact that their prospective customers don't understand a particular technology enough to question it.

Half the people you will meet in your life will have IQ's less than 100.

Besoeker

Caps do not create harmonic distortion and please refer the text where you received that info because that is incorrect.
Partially true but often incorrect. Capacitors may not be the initial cause, but but application of naked capacitors to attempt to reduce consumed power can exacerbate the problem.
I did offer to present actual waveforms but you ignored that offer. So I thought I'd present some anyway for a small motor:
Current taken by it without the magical device in circuit:
UncorrectedCurrentwithoutmagicdevice.jpg

And with:

Correctedcurentwithmagicaldevice.jpg

Care to comment?

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
This is a little how I feel about his posts. He claims to know more than most of us yet will not give us any explanation that he backs up with any information outside of "I am an expert". If he truly has something the rest of us do not know about why would he not want to educate us? He has a pretty big audience of potential designers, installers, etc. and if he truly has something worth while we are the ones he needs to impress the most.
I wonder if he maybe used to sell Monster Cable? :p

Besoeker

He has a pretty big audience of potential designers, installers, etc. and if he truly has something worth while we are the ones he needs to impress the most.
Somehow, I don't think that the sales pitch is aimed at those who are knowledgeable about the subject.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
I think the audience is aimed at the same group that would provide detailed bank information thinking they are going to receive millions in transferred dollars from some overseas Dr, Politician, etc........:p

Npstewart

When I originally started this forum, I was under the impression that some people got together, made a device, and marketed it.

After I started researching similar devices I began to realize that they all claim the same things, and they all LOOK exactly the same.

I think the actual individual companies (Such as Ampilizer), was sold a bill of goods. I think that some people got together, built a company that made these devices, then that company marketed to wealthy people who created a marketing company and named their company ______ power solutions, and the only device they sell is the ""Ampilizer".

Im just saying that the people behind Ampilizer have no idea how it works. You have a bunch of marketing companies with money selling these devices they have no clue about.

Anyone agree? Look at the similarities between how the devices look. I think time would be best spent finding out whome manufacturers the device. If your going to slay a dragon, its better to cut off the head rather then a extremity.

I am always looking at these scams on TV/Radio and write them off because I know they wont work but I never know anything about it, I just know not to buy it. This time is different, I know about this device, how it works, and its being sold in my backyard, and on the radio station I listen to. I want to make sure this company never makes it.

Last edited:

jumper

When I originally started this forum, I was under the impression that some people got together, made a device, and marketed it.

After I started researching similar devices I began to realize that they all claim the same things, and they all LOOK exactly the same.

I think the actual individual companies (Such as Ampilizer), was sold a bill of goods. I think that some people got together, built a company that made these devices, then that company marketed to wealthy people who created a marketing company and named their company ______ power solutions, and the only device they sell is the ""Ampilizer".

Im just saying that the people behind Ampilizer have no idea how it works. You have a bunch of marketing companies with money selling these devices they have no clue about.

Anyone agree? Look at the similarities between how the devices look. I think time would be best spent finding out whome manufacturers the device. If your going to slay a dragon, its better to cut off the head rather then a extremity.

I am always looking at these scams on TV/Radio and write them off because I know they wont work but I never know anything about it, I just know not to buy it. This time is different, I know about this device, how it works, and its being sold in my backyard, and on the radio station I listen to. I want to make sure this company never makes it.

Although a honorable idea and I applaud your thoughts, basically-we cannot save people from stupid. Sad, but true.

Npstewart

Probably right but im still going to try and find out who manufacturers these things.

All "Ampilizer" does is buy these, put their sticker on it, and multiply their cost by 10. Theres nothing wrong with doing that, but where they go wrong is when they do it on the premises it will save people money.

jumper

Probably right but im still going to try and find out who manufacturers these things.

All "Ampilizer" does is buy these, put their sticker on it, and multiply their cost by 10. Theres nothing wrong with doing that, but where they go wrong is when they do it on the premises it will save people money.

I would talk to Jraef if this was my quest. I hope you are successful, my friend.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
Could very well be that this is the manufacturer.

I actually called them trying to get a distributors name in the Fort Myers area. The guy had a difficult time dealing with my request. He said he didn't normally handle that and the best he could do was a couple of numbers for Stuart Fl. One was KVAR international.

I did confirm, that as their website says, they hold the patent for these devices and they make them right in Daytona, FL.

http://www.kvar.com/1000/home

Happy hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.